IIC+ 60 modded to simul, EV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
Hi, I recall there being a debate with mixed opinions about having a IIC's specs further modified due to some components no longer being available at Mesa, etc.

So I was wondering... would modding a IIC+ 60/100 watt to Simul-class have any such effect? Would the mod make it identical to an original IIC+ Simul-class, or would it just attempt to do so and get close but not quite?

Also, I'd like to repost one of Soundstorm's questions, as I'm also interested in getting a cab loaded with EVM 12L...

Soundstorm said:
I think using two EvM 12Ls is the best suggestion I've heard so far. Anyone know if there's a difference between the normal ones and the Series II?

And a more noob-ish question... I've never had a tube amp yet, so... is swapping/replacing tubes a really straightforward maintenance that anyone can do? Or should a tech do it for me since I'm unexperienced?

Thanks a lot!

Swapping out tubes in a Boogie is really easy and a part of the tube amp experience. The only problem is there are just too many choices to make and so many differing opinions of which tubes are the best so; on one hand you are going down a road of what can become an expensive and rewarding hobby or a frustrating and expensive can of worms. The most important thing is to have the sound in your head that you want to end up with and stick with it. Remember why you got the amp: to play guitar thru it not sit around worrying about wheather you have the right tubes. The differences between many of the same style tubes ala 12AX7's and 6L6's; are very subtle. If you ask 5 people on here about which tubes to get you'll probably get 15 different opinions. Find your own sound and wallow in it and maybe someday there will be a bunch of wannabees on here wanting to know how visualrocker gets his amp to sound like visualrocker.

Latest posts

Back