IIC+ 60/100 Watt Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakkinc

Reaction score
Controlling Volume:

I would like to also know, I usually keep my volumes somewhere around 3-4 for both Master and Lead Volume, but if I were to try and obtain a good tone at bedroom levels how would I go about setting the volumes? Would I be better to keep the Master at 1 (or even half) and crank the Lead Volume to 3-4 (or maybe even 5) or vise versa or keep them both at 1 to 1 1/2? Just curious what techniques/tricks you guys use to tame the beast!

I play Metal, if that helps/matters...

zakkinc,

Try this:

Volume 1: 9 pulled
Master 1: 2 pulled
Lead Drive: 8 pulled
Lead Master: 2.5/3 pulled

You can set the rest to taste, that's a good C+ tone at low volumes.

Also, use the 100 dial.. it sounds a lot punchier and shreddy compared to 60.
(I actually never use the 60..)

Thanks Platypus.

I just tried these and the amps still VERY LOUD...just curious as to why (is this normal?)? I read another post you did comparing the Simul VS 60/100 watt, is your 60/100 watt that loud too? I'd have turn the Master 1 to 1 1/2 and the Lead Master to 1 3/4 - 2 to keep it at a reasonable volume.

Some more info that may help. 105 Power Transformer, and it's going thru my 4X12 recto cab (closed back).

Is your Simul Class much quieter? Able to produce great tones equally at band volumes and bedroom?

Thanks for the advise.

zakkinc said:
Thanks Platypus.

I just tried these and the amps still VERY LOUD...just curious as to why (is this normal?)? I read another post you did comparing the Simul VS 60/100 watt, is your 60/100 watt that loud too? I'd have turn the Master 1 to 1 1/2 and the Lead Master to 1 3/4 - 2 to keep it at a reasonable volume.

Some more info that may help. 105 Power Transformer, and it's going thru my 4X12 recto cab (closed back).

Is your Simul Class much quieter? Able to produce great tones equally at band volumes and bedroom?

Thanks for the advise.

Actually my simul is way louder than my 60/100 but my 60/100 has the 100 tranny in it and is a C->C+. My simul is an original.

Try bringing volume one down to 7 then and put the lead master to 2

Both my C+'s sound great at low volumes and high volumes equally

This will work for the lead channel ONLY!!!!!

Set the amp as you would for normal high volume thrashing. Then turn the Lead Master to 0. Now turn the Master to 5. Use the Lead Master to sneak up on your desired volume. :D DO NOT, under any circumstance hit the channel footswitch, as this will require a change of underwear :lol: .

Yep, What Joey B said is what I will tend to do, definitely gives a different tone than both volumes set really low. Like he said, don't switch to clean or you'll blow the roof off your house!!

Latest posts

Back