IIB to C+ conversion Whaddya think ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancullinane

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120045080805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

I was looking for a new amp to play out (don't wan't the real 2c+ to leave th house). Bought this on impulse. Any opinions as to what the mods might be that change a 2b to sound more like a c+ ?

What does the post-effect level mod do?
I 'll give you an update when I get the chance to play it.
Thanks Guys
DC :wink:

Thanks Boogie,
I had the same thought. I could use the cab and speaker for a Mk III I have in head form if I don't like the amp. Any idea about the mods to make it more like a 2c+?

DC

Check the mounting bolt width on the combo. Some of the early IIB's without the SUS-4 mount had the wider bolt pattern like the early Mark I and Fender amps. This will not match your Mark III. I got this info straight from Mike B. at Mesa.

Well, The amp arrived in one piece. I plugged it in and it sounds good as well. It's in my office, so can't compare it to my other Boogies right now. I called Mike B (who seems like a very nice guy BTW) to discuss the mods on this amp and he told me (as best he could tel without having it in front of him) that the Reverb was moved to the effects loop rather than before it (it looks like this is how it is on a C+ schematic). Also tha he thought both masters were put before the loop.

I'm fairly new to the whole schematic thing but I don't see the 2nd part w/ both masters before the loop in the scheatic for the C+.

Now if I'm thinking clearly, it sounds like the Post effects level that was added will act like a 3rd Master Vol?

How do these changes affect the tone? Also for Boogie...can it get the million dollar mod if needed???
Thanks
DC

I would need a really good shot of the preamp to begin with.
The E-Bay photo looks like it is 100% a IIB. The IIB is laid out totally different than the IIC and so is the PCB. You can upgrade a IIC with the RP-10 or RP-11A, but a IIB is not upgradeable without a full circuit board change. The relay is a dead IIB giveaway.

Back