If you own a Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalmike117

Reaction score
Run your clean channel flat, with a a little delay. Then plug in the BB pre-amp drive pedal. It is that creamy solo tone with a bit of compression. The BB preamp is made by xotic effect. It is amazing. Andy Timmons and Greg Howe use it. That with the Boogie tone is amazing.

-M

the more i keep hearing about these BB pedals the more i want to get one. i may just have to do it!

Also, what kind of duncans do you have in your Eclipse Mike?

The BB is seriously the best OD pedal. It is a true bypass and also has a bit of compression it is just amazing. I have a Duncan JB in the bridge anda 59 in the neck.

-Mike

i just bought a maxon OD pedal a few weeks ago and i really dig it but this pedal is really tempting.

what boogie do you play? i've been thinking about putting the JB/59 combo in my les paul because i'm kind of sick of the EMG tone.

The JB sounds wicked good, but at the same time, EMG's are very consistent. EMG's are clear, you can't mess up, you hear every note. Duncans are organic and warm. That is why I bought that guitar it is different then my axe with EMG's. I play all harder Metal stuff. Unearth, Despised icon. But my new project is like Greg Howe and Andy Timmons. I don't know I'm weird.

Sell your maxon. The BB is the ****. It is not a OD pedal, it is a boost with a gain circuit. It is true bypass and is very clear, and it dosn't mess with your natural tone.

-Mike

that's cool man! i play metal similar to unearth/at the gates and EMGs are great but i'm kind of sick of that active tone. but i don't want to disappoint myself with passive pickups.

i will definitely have to look into the BB now!! hah

The BB is pretty awesome.. check this vid out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiW22O914Cg

Jason

At the Gates is amazing. So is Night Rage. I would us the dirty channel on the Vintage gain setting and use the spongy not bold. The Bold it to sharp. The vintage sounds like an old Mark II(like the master of puppets hetfield god tone) You will have to crank the Master volume but it is amazing. Also it sounds different then the other 100903910231298 people who use the modern and suck the mids out.

-M

hey all, just thought I would share some info with you. Maybe one day we may wind up in some great debate or something.
I also own the BB preamp. Great, great pedal..Love it.
Recently I purchased the MI Audio blues pro. I am slowly finding myself using the blues pro more often. I use both OD's on my pedal board so the 2 pedals are constantly being compared by me.
The blues pro is also true bypass. It has just about the same amount of available gain,,,give or take. I find both pedals to be very quiet in higher gain settings while being used on my clean channel alone, but the blues pro seems to be quieter while using it to overdrive me preamp gain. The BP does not offer you a treble and bass knob like the BB but the tone knob it does have actually changes the tone,,a lot. Unlike the tube screamers if you ever used one.
The biggest difference I notice between the 2 though is the BP seems to have a bit more compression than the BB. It just seems tighter and more clear than the BB when using it to overdrive your amp.
I found the actual tone of the 2 pedals very similar,,almost so much so that I wanted to get rid of one or the other,,,I decided to keep both.
Anyways,Like I said above,,I love the BB,, I dont care if anybody buys either or but at $80 less for the BP,,you cant go wrong. Unbelievable.
If anything, a possible making of a good debate could come of this..

Back