If the Mark II C+ is such a great amp..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swansong

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Mesa reissue it? I'm sure they would make a boat-load of $$$. I am really curious to hear the difference between it and the MKIV :!:

This question has been asked at least 5 trillion times. I believe the answer you seek is they can't recreate the same exact transformer. And Mesa feels the MarkIV is more the suitable.

I, personally, don't like when manufacturers create reissues. It is kinda like saying, "we can't innovate anymore so we are gunna give up and manufacture a popular product we made years ago." I guess that is why I don't care much for Fender and Gibson. Meh...

Regardless of how amazing an amp is to so many people, it's not gonna be that perfect for everyone. I agree with the reissues being overdone, a company like mesa has so many amazing amps right now, there's no reason for them to start doing reissues. The same is said about the 2 channel rectos, but to me the 3 channel just has more variation in tone available.

rabies said:
it has shared EQ. who wants shared EQ now?

I'll take all the shared EQ C+'s that I can get. The trick for me is to get the ones with the 5 band graphic EQ and the 3 position EQ AUTO-type switch. This combined with a little pickup selector/volume knob handywork will get you past the "compromise zone." FWIW, I hope that they do not re-issue the C+. They will probably put the "tweed" feature on the power switch 8). Then I will be tempted to buy a re-issue :twisted: .

i don't see the problem with the shared eq.
mark III's have em, and you can get a good clean and a good heavy lead no problem. its easy.

danyeo1 said:
This question has been asked at least 5 trillion times. I believe the answer you seek is they can't recreate the same exact transformer. And Mesa feels the MarkIV is more the suitable.
Exactly!

Its not feasible or cost effective to re-issue an exact duplication II-C. Besides the heavy duty transformer, some of the mojo was from the STR-414 Sylvania tubes used.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13249&highlight=sylvania

I own both MKIV and a C+(coliseum)-the iV is killer and sooo versatile-great for a live show,esp. playing hard rock-I couldnt imagine there could be a diff. until I lugged home the BEAST-even more dynamic..(running 5881's in col.)...the gain is ungodly..truly scarier than the IV..pinch harmonics that will make you scream "simulcast!!"-a subtle difference,but a difference nontheless-you have to take into account the power section issue in my amp as well
-I am a lucky *******-I live within 20 minutes of a few other board members who both own C+'s-my colly was recently A/B'd at the same settings of a C+ simul and ****...subtle difference,but the simul won out over the colly ,especially in the cleans-not as bright/better mids at same settings..all in all, the IV is a little more sterile than the +'s I have heard-having said that,my IV is NOT for sale,but if all hell broke loose,the IV would be out the door first...I had to hear it to belive it....
me believer

Because they can't. You need the parts from 84'. They should have stocked up

They just can't replicate it. They fell short in the MKV.

I think the future will not be in reissues that will fall short. Innovation.

I hope they come out with something great.

Several years ago, I would have agreed with all the comments above. But just now, I thought, "if they re-issued the Mark 1...what's really stopping them from doing a C+ one day?" Never say never.

Elpelotero said:
Several years ago, I would have agreed with all the comments above. But just now, I thought, "if they re-issued the Mark 1...what's really stopping them from doing a C+ one day?" Never say never.

I agree.

If they do reissue the 2C+, people will start robbing early Mark III's for their 105 power transformers to get as close as possible.

I'm sick of the whole reissue, reboot, retro, whatever craze. Be it the Dodge Challenger to a IIC+ reissue.
What was there before a IIC+? What came after? Where are we now? Where should we go from here?
Those are the questions Mesa should be asking (as well as all other amp manufacturers). Build something sonically and functionally new that no one has thought up yet.
When asked why he went an unconventional path Henry Ford said, “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

ryjan said:
I'm sick of the whole reissue, reboot, retro, whatever craze. Be it the Dodge Challenger to a IIC+ reissue.
What was there before a IIC+? What came after? Where are we now? Where should we go from here?
Those are the questions Mesa should be asking (as well as all other amp manufacturers). Build something sonically and functionally new that no one has thought up yet.
When asked why he went an unconventional path Henry Ford said, “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

I 100% Agree- Very well put!!

ryjan said:

Randall Smith had a vision for high gain and many features on a guitar amp. I have NO need for any more, because with complexity comes trouble. :wink:

JOEY B. said:
ryjan said:

Randall Smith had a vision for high gain and many features on a guitar amp. I have NO need for any more, because with complexity comes trouble. :wink:

randall smith he was on vacation when the c+ came about ask mike

JOEY B. said:
ryjan said:

Yeah, I suppose that's the rule about most things.
Manufactures like Soldano and Diezel seem to have realized that us guitarists like loooonng runs of our favorite amps. Albeit Diezel amps have more options than a Road King. The SLO that Mike builds is another great example of simplicity and "if it aint broke don't fix it". Mesa just went the other route.
There's good arguments for either business philosophy.

sprocket said:
So true mate .
One questions and one request.

Are you trying to get your post count up by posting simple agreements without offering anything constructive to the threads you post in?

Unless you are actually Paul Hogan you need to knock the "mate" **** off.

Wholy sh!t man , it s a good one . Are you a mod or something like this ! I don t think I wrote nothing wrong in here . Does someone has the right to put an opinion without being think of as a counting thing !

Latest posts

Back