If the Mark II C+ is such a great amp..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ryjan said:
One questions and one request.

Are you trying to get your post count up by posting simple agreements without offering anything constructive to the threads you post in?

Unless you are actually Paul Hogan you need to knock the "mate" sh!t off.
:shock:
Yeah, that seems a bit harsh. Having a bad day, mate?

Yes ryjan that was a bit harsh 'mate' ;-)
sprocket is pretty new here and no doubt thrilled/ excited by all he's discovering. Cut him some slack.

Btw I'm only commenting here as I'm trying to get my post count back up 'round the 3000 mark....
So many posts to make so little time.....

Nice is good.

But on topic now..

The MKIIC I have is a fun amp. So is a Rectumreyer. The argument is like saying you like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry..

This may be the talk of a heretic, but I think changing guitars makes a huge difference. I just got an ESP Snakebyte with a Het Set. The Mesa almost sounds like a different amp. Then plug a Tele into the clean channel of my old rectifier, add a compressor and dial up the verb.... It sounds good. Crank it loud as hell and it is great!

I admit I do not at all like the MKV. Not hating on Mesa. But that is one I don't like. As for new direction. I hope they don't do another Swiss Army knife amp that does lots of things pretty good.

If they go reissue, make it simply awesome. If not, I would be interested in something more high tech, midi presets, etc.

Fryette is coming out with something like that. You can even buy a powered Kemper profiling amp. Mesa needs to get back in the game.

A reissue of one awesome amp, or something new. I don't care. Just something great!

I thought I read a Doug West interveiw , where he mentioned owning a few mkIIc's and the only difference
was between models with and without eq's . He goes on to state that the Mesa looked at those and the MK V C+
circuit is exactly the same . More tech types can check and confirm, but I believe most mk's had one tube for the
lead drive circuit , where as the two gain sections of the C's lead drive were split up between two " different " tubes
[ shared with verb as i recall ] may make no difference but, it is a difference , talk amoungst yourselves .

fwiw , a friend came over with his mk IIC , and it did indeed have a nice midy kinda grind to it , the best my mkIII
sounded was when we tried to match the sound , although it wouldn't fool anyone .

gts said:
sprocket is pretty new here and no doubt thrilled/ excited by all he's discovering. Cut him some slack.

Btw I'm only commenting here as I'm trying to get my post count back up 'round the 3000 mark....

You have a loooong way to go George! I've been absent a while, so I gotta get back in the thread-count hunt! :lol:

dodger916 said:
gts said:

You have a loooong way to go George! I've been absent a while, so I gotta get back in the thread-count hunt! :lol:
Thanks for the opportunity to post another reply Frank. Getting closer to that 3000 mark all the time ;-).

Latest posts

Back