If MESA will built a preamp exactly the way you wanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sombra

Reaction score
Tell me what will be your choice for ( those are mine )

clean = Lone Star

crunch = Mark IIC

ultra heavy = Road King

solo = Triaxis / Mark IV

:shock: :shock: :shock:

sombra said:
Tell me what will be your choice for ( those are mine )

clean = Lone Star

crunch = Mark IIC

ultra heavy = Road King

solo = Triaxis / Mark IV

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That sounds good to me. Just add a couple of switchable effects loops, graphic eq, and Lone Star reverb, and that would be a grand slam of a preamp.

nocluejimbo said:
sombra said:
Tell me what will be your choice

That sounds good to me. Just add a couple of switchable effects loops, graphic eq, and Lone Star reverb, and that would be a grand slam of a preamp.

No graphic eq I was thinking in something like triaxis .
You can save your presets so channels is not the problem and all that mid implemantation.Loops are welcome.Reverb I have in xpression.
One rack space it will be a best seller !

nonono, you're talking about Triaxis II. The triaxis sounds like a triaxis, not like the amps it claims.

What you want would have to be in a big head, and it would have to have the 105 powertransformer from the mark IIC+s and then have then the mark IV and mark IIC+ are somewhat simliar in the circuitry so they'd somehow make a chagable powertransformer to give you that mark IV sound and have the Lone star in it. OR YOU COULD JUST BU ALL THESE AMPS :)

Nick_cor said:
nonono, you're talking about Triaxis II. The triaxis sounds like a triaxis, not like the amps it claims.

No you didnt understand me.
I wanted to say to the guy who said he wants a graphic equalizer that this new preamp will be like triaxis with midi stuff and presets.
Got it ?
Maybe ALLAXIS huahauhauha

I have a mark 4 and a triaxis. Mark 4 for small gigs ,triaxis and rack stuff to travel.
I really have the same tones of the mark 4 in the triaxis.Just because you cant or your ears dont hear it that way it doesnt mean that triaxis dont sound like the amps it claims.
It dont sound that way to your ears but it do to mine .

sombra said:
Nick_cor said:

No you didnt understand me.
I wanted to say to the guy who said he wants a graphic equalizer that this new preamp will be like triaxis with midi stuff and presets.
Got it ?
Maybe ALLAXIS huahauhauha

I have a mark 4 and a triaxis. Mark 4 for small gigs ,triaxis and rack stuff to travel.
I really have the same tones of the mark 4 in the triaxis.Just because you cant or your ears dont hear it that way it doesnt mean that triaxis dont sound like the amps it claims.
It dont sound that way to your ears but it do to mine .

lol, ok

I would like the Quad in a single rack space. Was that maybe the Formula Pre? Never played one. Don't know.

PC Biz said:
I would like the Quad in a single rack space. Was that maybe the Formula Pre? Never played one. Don't know.
absolutely not! formula pre has got great cleans but the lead tones are not that great. Quad pre distortions are wonderful instead...

Clean = Triaxis RHY yellow
Slight Overdrive = Triaxis LD1 green
Distortion = Triaxis LD1 red
Solo = Triaxis LD2 Green

Hmmmmm. Wait a minute! :D

I wouldn't mind a simpler version of the TriAxis. Maybe only 3 or 4 modes (MKIIC+ clean/lead, Rectifier rhythm, another clean/pushed channel) instead of 8, but each with a more refined, organic sound.

A physical graphic EQ would be cool, maybe two of them for two different options. MIDI ready like the TriAxis, control options like the TriAxis, maybe make the FX loop switchable series or parallel...

I just want a Recto Pre with true 3 channels. That's all I want. But I want it now...lol

Mark Day
www.thesamhillband.com

The Quad in a single rack space would make me happy. Maybe a modded Formula pre would do it for me in the short term.

Latest posts

Back