If I have a MKIV and a DC-5, do I need a Dual Rec to...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swansong

Reaction score
cover anything that might be missing? I do like playing 90's Alternative like Foo's and AIChains. Will this amp make a difference that can't be hit by the other two I own?

You'll hear the Mark IV can do anything from some of the forumites, but I don't think it touches the DR for what it does. The Mark IV always sounds like a Mark IV, the Dual Recto is has such a huge array of tones available that people don't like them, the DR is a lot harder to dial in than the Mark IV IMO and has a lot available. The Mark IV and DR are voiced differently and compliment each other very well, and there is a tiny middle ground where they can meet, but they really are polar opposites when it comes to where they go from the middle. The DC series was suppose to be the middle ground between them, but I don't think it is, it's amazing for what it does though. Good luck

IMO you should look for some other flavors to cover all your bases. both the mkIV and the DC5 runs with 6L6's and have somewhat the same vibe, especially talking about clean tones, since the DC's clean channel is based on the IV clean.

maybe a DC-3 instead of the DC5 will be better. you'll get more of the brit vibe also (yes, if you're not running your IV with EL34s) with a different clean flavour.

good luck on your hunt :D

ah, and yes, i dont think you'll need a DR with a IV and a DC3 on your collection. 8)

I know a DR will do Foo Fighters, and I always thought it would do a great Dirt tone.(I'm pretty sure that album's tone is at least part DR) Facelift...not so much. Still workable, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back