If I get new tubes for a 20/20 Poweramp do I need Biasing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
I thought all the Mesa's where permanently biased, so just wondering. I got my 20/20 rack PA used and like to get some fresh tubage in her ;) Thanks!

If you get mesa tubes you dont need to bias. Other tube resellers will also sell tubes that are within the correct range.

Thanks man.

I might be going to Dougs Tubes today as he is my area on NY. He has a lot and everyone raves about him ;)

http://www.dougstubes.com/

Just dont know which ones or brands to get for my 20/20. Looking for super cleans and not too gainy Metallica (late metallica live) crunch. More depth and note articulation, not overly saturated Lamb of God and all that other harder stuff(not my bag) ;)

Doug has a good reputation and he certainly has tubes that are to mesa spec. Just remember that you can do alot more with eq than with a tube change, unless the tubes are bad.

yeah for sure my man. Just when I get a used power amp, I don;t know where it has been, how long have the tubes been used,life of them etc. So I like new tubes for used amps :)

Back