I wonder how many mark ivs we will see on the bay....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebby123

Reaction score
Ha everyone with a iv will at one point look into getting a V i know i am im just going to wait for the people that take the first plunge... if it doesnt blow away the mark iv then ill just buy one in due time but if it blows it out of the water i might have to join the rest and sell my iv on the bay :)

Well since ship date is not suppose to be till Febuary and alot of people will wait to hear what they sound like, then wait for the second run, I dont picture to many IV's going on the bay just yet, maybe a little more then average. But even with that, you will still have the people that cant afford to sell there IV for $1200 to $1400 and then have to put out an extra $800 to $1100 for the Mark V.

Have to remember when calculating price, take into consideration ebay and pay pal fee's when selling your old, and then factor in Tax on a new amp. So unless such person has an extra $800 to $1100 or possibly even more, i am not sure you will see that many people selling off just yet.

Sebby123 said:
Ha everyone with a iv will at one point look into getting a V i know i am im just going to wait for the people that take the first plunge... if it doesnt blow away the mark iv then ill just buy one in due time but if it blows it out of the water i might have to join the rest and sell my iv on the bay :)

siggy14 said:
But even with that, you will still have the people that cant afford to sell there IV for $1200 to $1400 and then have to put out an extra $800 to $1100 for the Mark V.
I could afford to do that, and I've considered it, but my m4 is my main gigging amp. I'll probably just wait and save...

There are 5 Mark IV's available on ebay right now....is that more or less than usual?

cho said:
There are 5 Mark IV's available on ebay right now....is that more or less than usual?
from what I've seen recently (last 6 months?), there's usually about 2 or 3.

miqueas92 said:
Not Mine!!!!!!! :p

Mick

Ditto on that. I keepin' the MKIV & RK in my arsenal even if the MKV covers MKIV territory. After the smoke clears, I will certainly be pushing a button on the MKV. :wink:

I don't think that Mark IV's are going to drop that much. As usual there are still going to be people who:
1) Want to hang on to it even if the Mark V kicks ***
2) Don't think that the Mark V is as good
3) Can't afford the upgrade
4) Regardless of how well the Mark V does, there will always be a market for the Mark IV, it's still a great amp. It has value independent of the Mark V/
5) We've known that the Mark V has been in development since 2006 or earlier. Markets usually predict rather than react. My feeling is that the price drop has already occured. A lot IV's were going for $2000 OR MORE, now they seem to have balanced out to around $1300 - $1700 varying depending on condition.

So if you're IV is good condition then I still think you'll be able to fetch around $1500 for it.

IMHO

Just kidding but i cant afford to keep my iv and buy a V i rather buy a three and if i was to spend 2$ G's i would go for a IIC+

Latest posts

Back