I think im crazy with GAS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrucci111

Reaction score
i dont know guys but I think my GAS is over reacting .. in the past 4 months I've bought 3 mark IV ,2 JPBFR ,1 gretch guitar ,bunch of pedals ,cables blah blah blah... aand now Im Aiming for A Mark IIC+ or a triaxis with a 2:90... is it going to end? :eek:

My son, you must admit you are powerless over your addiction, surrender to your higher power, undertake a searching and fearless personal moral inventory, make amends to those you have wronged, and give away - yes, give away! - all of that wretched, sinful gear that's destroying your life.
Let me give you my shipping address... :lol:

nah, it never does ... :D ... I guess you should just watch not putting too much "fresh" money in ? sell things along the line you buy them, then you're ok.

You are gaining experience about what you like/don't like in gear, but the trick is to sell what you know you aren't jiving with so you can move on to the next easier...

GAS is a never ending phenomenon! Only new gear can keep it at bay (for the short term).

btw ... the selling part also is always good in order not to forget how much easier buying is then selling ... :D

I agree with musicmanjp6 ive gone through every amp company and have allways sold and ended up only paying a little for the next step gone from boogie to marshall orange and etc. im on a mark iv and i love it there are only 2 amps that i have gas for a bogner ecstacy 101b and a mark 2c+ god.... To end my rant it will never end just enjoy the ride! :D

MrMarkIII said:
My son, you must admit you are powerless over your addiction, surrender to your higher power, undertake a searching and fearless personal moral inventory, make amends to those you have wronged, and give away - yes, give away! - all of that wretched, sinful gear that's destroying your life.
Let me give you my shipping address... :lol:

LOL !!!

depending upon where you are located ... I will DRIVE there to assist you with your gifting of your equipment :lol:

seriously. after "suffering" with this for a few years ... i have come to the realization that I can only play so many pieces of equipment and get rid of the rest. of course (in my mind) I kept the "good ****".

if i had one more gas item, it "might" be a MkIV ... but 2 MkIIIs and a LSC is keeping me in check for now - and 6 guitars are just enough.

Well dudes .. i think we just have to live with it :lol: ... its not a bad thing anyways except for your money :p .... yeah a LSC is in my list now .. the short head version

You should try an Axe-Fx Ultra, I just sold 14k worth of amps and don't miss them at all. I have kept 2 MKIVs but I am not really using them. Cured my Amp GAS for a while anyway, now its guitars. I have 3 BFRs and am gassing for the Koa/Ebony one. Something about one day at a time... Then there's the MKV...

petrucci111 said:
i dont know guys but I think my GAS is over reacting .. in the past 4 months I've bought 3 mark IV ,2 JPBFR ,1 gretch guitar ,bunch of pedals ,cables blah blah blah... aand now Im Aiming for A Mark IIC+ or a triaxis with a 2:90... is it going to end? :eek:

Wow. 3 Mark IV's! Are you using them in parallel at the same time, or switching between them, or for spares?

cho said:
petrucci111 said:

Wow. 3 Mark IV's! Are you using them in parallel at the same time, or switching between them, or for spares?

none at the time due to lack of cables... you know i livein dominican republic here in the caribbean so i buy almost everything when im in the US :) but i will try both options once i get the gcx and a bunch of cables

Latest posts

Back