I PLAYED THE MESA BOOGIE MARK V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetallicaFreak65

Reaction score
I talked to a guy who has played and had a Mark V in his possession. He informed me that there is 3 Lead channels, a medium channel and a clean channel!!!!!!!!!!! one is the Mark IIC+ channel which he said is dead on and he said there was a Mark IV lead Channel and the 3rd channel is an extreme form of the Mark IIC+. He said that he is expecting it to be 2 grand for the head and a little more for the combo.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MetallicaFreak65 said:
I talked to a guy who has played and had a Mark V in his possession. He informed me that there is 3 Lead channels, a medium channel and a clean channel!!!!!!!!!!! one is the Mark IIC+ channel which he said is dead on and he said there was a Mark IV lead Channel and the 3rd channel is an extreme form of the Mark IIC+. He said that he is expecting it to be 2 grand for the head and a little more for the combo.

Great news as we are all anxiously awaiting this one.... it does sound like it will be pretty awesome!

However, I must point out the difference between '...I played...' and '...I talked to a guy who has played...' not quite the same but I'm sure you trust the guy's opinion anyway... so again, thanks for the great news!

Just saw your other post... so he works at Mesa?

Awesome news!

:twisted:

Yeah I have a friend who works behind the scenes at Mesa and I got off the phone with him last night and he was telling me about the Mark V. Just from the way he was talking about it gave me chills its going to be awesome. I wonder how much the price of IIC+'s and IV's will go down??

the price of the C+ will not decrease. look at all the fender twin voiced amps, never effects the price of a vintage unit and that amp is reissued.

But you have to think why would you go spend 3000 on a IIC+ if you can get one for cheaper that is newer and more reliable that is if your nto a huge vintage collecter.

MetallicaFreak65 said:
But you have to think why would you go spend 3000 on a IIC+ if you can get one for cheaper that is newer and more reliable that is if your nto a huge vintage collecter.

Cheaper- maybe
Newer- Yes
More reliable- We'll see in a year or two

There is not a flood of C+ amps for sale on Ebay, yet. :wink:

Even if I get a Mark V(and I more then likely will). There is still no reason to get rid of the C+. The V will only be able to emulate a small part of the C+, and the clean on the IIC+ sound much better(to me) than what I have heard on the V so far. On a side note I haven't found a bad tone in my C+, unlike the IV and the recto.

I don't understand why they don't reissue the C+. It seems like no matter how good a Mark has been after that, people always want the C+.

rabies said:
les_paul said:
I don't understand why they don't reissue the C+. It seems like no matter how good a Mark has been after that, people always want the C+.

shared EQ sux. bing bong.

There are definately compromises to be had in the C+ when switching channels. But, for me it is an issue with the volumes rather than shared tone controls. The trick is a good sounding guitar with seperate volume and tone controls, EQ AUTO on the loaded C+, and a fast toggle switch/volume knob hand. Maybe the MkV will eliminate the need for some of this. You will then need fast feet :lol: .

And for any of the people doubting the C+ magic, as a co-worker of mine says, "Don't talk about **** that you don't understand". :D

MetallicaFreak65 said:

So 3 lead channels, a rhythm channel, AND a clean channel. Let's see, that's 5 channels right? :lol:

j/k, i noticed this was an old post and info wasn't exactly accurate.

There aren't 5 channels, only 3, but each channel has different voicings or modes which are selectable but not foot or externally switchable. Plus, the clean, crunch, and lead channels seems to be individual circuits unlike the previous Mark series amps.

Latest posts

Back