I need to ask a favor...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
Since Mesa took down the section where they listed speaker cabinet specs, would one of you be so kind as to measure your Thiele cab and tell me the dimensions? I need H x W x D. Also, if you could snap a couple of pictures for me. I’d like a pic with the grill off, showing the baffle, and a pic of the inside of the cab.

I am thinking about building a 2x12 Thiele cab to go with my Mark IV. I’d like to see how Mesa sets these up, so I can figure out how to design a 2x12 version. I would be extremely grateful if someone who owns a Thiele cab could do this for me.

Thanks guys!

Not including feet, handles, or corners the outside dimensions are 18-1/2"W x 14-3/4"H x 12-1/2"D.

Hey man, thanks! Would you mind taking a pic of the from baffle without the grill on? And then one of the back of the grill. If so that would be super cool! Thanks again.

A pic of the baffle from the front will not do you very much good.
You will need the measurement of the baffle in H, L and W and the measurement of how the port is inset on the RH side of the cabinet.
A 2X12 ported cabinet sounds like fun, but the only one that I can recall is the Genz George Lynch 2X12 and they port that on the bottom with 4 holes.

Actually, I downloaded the builder plans from EV for the Thiele cab. However, what they don't show is how the grill is constructed or attached. I need to see the fron baffle to see how Boogie lays it out, and I also need to see the back of the grill to see how the frame is put together. :)

SFW said:
Actually, I downloaded the builder plans from EV for the Thiele cab. :)
Be careful, Boogie changed the dimensions of their Thiele cabs. I made one to the plans EV sent me, but its not as wide as boogies.

Latest posts

Back