I need help retubing my dc-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintballnsk

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new set of preamp tubes for my mesa DC-10 head. The guy told me that it wasnt too hard, but still a pain because you have to unscrew the whole thing and drop it out of the chassis to get better access to the preamp tubes.

I was wondering if anyone had a detailed tutorial on how to do it before I go breaking something on the head.

Thanks a lot,
Nick

Hmmm, never did a DC10 head, but if I could "imagine" my DC5 combo in head form, I see no reason to yank the chassis. Pulling out the power tubes should give you plenty of room to work with the preamp tubes. But if ya gotta pull the chassis out, it's still no problem ...very straightforward.

Edward

Got manual?

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Dual%20Cal%20DC-10.pdf

It's easier if you turn it upside down and set it on the handle. Take the power tubes out first, they're in the way but won't bite. Write down which socket the tubes came from (all of 'em ) so you can put it back the way it was.

First take out the power tubes (keeping track of which tube was in each position) Turn the amp over (upside down) insert hand, unhinge the silver compartment, take out preamp tubes by gently rocking side to side and pulling upward ( it wouldn't hurt to keep track what position each tube was in for reference). when you're ready to re- install the preamp tubes , I find that it is easier if you position & shine a flashlight on the preamp tube socket and peek through the gap(from the top) of the amp box and reverb tank to orientate hand/eye coordination to align the pins of the tube and the socket, when preamps tubes are in, close the preamp compartment, flip the amp over ,replace the power tubes to their respective sockets, screw the protective bar back in place, & away you go.

Latest posts

Back