I need GURU info (not mesa)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shnapper

Reaction score
I know this is NOT the place, but Roland does not have a good forum. I'm hoping someone of slightly older origins can help me. I have searched the net only to find a very small amount of information about the original orange Roland cube 20 amp. Harmony central to be exact and the information is only review oriented. I just bought this amp for 20 bucks and it is in like new condition with not one piece missing. Is it worth a million dollars NO, but you guys should hear this little sucker it's amazing!

If anyone on here knows a guy that knows a guy that may know something about this amp I would love to know more about it. I have heard it was popular with students at Berkley college of music back in the day. The guy at Roland I spoke with has heard of it, knew the color but couldn't believe I had one and told me they no longer have anything in there files.

So I'm looking for a GURU right about now....

Thanks, Shnapper

RolandCube.jpg

[/img]
RCube20.jpg

Cube20.jpg
[/img]

That is in nice shape. A schematic is here.

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=1325

No guru here, but I used to own a Cube 20. Not orange but the standard covering, gray was it? ...I don't think the orange was any different, though.

I recall liking it. Big tone for its size, but never liked the OD. Keep it clean and it's nice ...Roland nice (that's a compliment :) ). If memory serves (it was a longgg time ago), I was running an MXR Dist+ and Boss delay and chorus through it. Good times. But I eventually moved on to what became a Tube pilgrimage :) Great little amp, and yours looks super clean.

Edward

I won't get into a battle of wits with you. I refuse to fight an unarmed man.

Latest posts

Back