I Love My Stiletto Deuce (personal testimonial)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Fufkin
Right now I’d say I am very happy with the combination. When I re-tube I think I will do the same with the preamp tubes but maybe try some KT77s. Mainly out of curiosity.
srf399, looks like you pretty much got the same info from Doug that I did with the exception of the V2 spot.
I know what I want my rig sound like and I love the chase, but I’ll have to admit that I need to lean on others with more experience that me to show me the way. This forum and guys like Doug are where it’s at.
Trying different tubes, speakers and cabinets can help you fine tune but I’m not sure you can change the heart of the beast.
The Stiletto is what it is. And that’s a good thing.
Srf399, I read a post of yours not to long ago that pretty much nailed that same thought.

I love the amp... the only amp I like more is the Bogner Ecstasy 101B. $$$ prevent me from getting one unfortunately. That said the Stiletto is very nice. If I could warm the Stiletto up a little and get it closer to the Bogner that would be cool. But I realize they are different amps.

That’s amazing you should mention the Bogner. The other guitar player in my band plays through a Bogner Shiva and I am in constant awe of that muscular, woody tone it produces. It’s my favorite too. (Should I be saying this on the Mesa forum?)
I’d get one in a heart beat but I’m 50 years old playing in a classic hard rock band.
I don’t want to go in debt only to have the band call it quits leaving me at home playing an 80 watt boutique amp. I have no regrets with what I have.
Hmmmm, then again if I can talk my wife into working two jobs.

Hi Guys,
I put the GT E34LS power tubes(#7) and put GT 12AX7M (Mullard) pre amp tubes. The GT E34LS tubes added nice punch to the bottom and the Mullard copies removed the brittle high end. Boogies are biased cold, so the #7s bring the amp to life. Try it out, you wont regret it.

Back