I just used the manuals IIC+ settings..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shogun said:
best tone i've got from the amp so far... LULZ

The DRG and HRG C+ can go above and beyond those settings, no matter what your manual says. The Mark I mode, when set correctly, is the shiznit, as far as tone goes for the Mark V. :twisted:

The ported speaker cabinet will not ever acheive its maximum tone, without a condenser mic to augment the SM57, during recording. :wink:

JOEY B. said:
shogun said:

The DRG and HRG C+ can go above and beyond those settings, no matter what your manual says. The Mark I mode, when set correctly, is the shiznit, as far as tone goes for the Mark V. :twisted:

The ported speaker cabinet will not ever acheive its maximum tone, without a condenser mic to augment the SM57, during recording. :wink:

i only partially understand your post :oops:

what would you recommend for mic'ing positions ? i have both a condensor and 57.. i actually found a weird sweet spot tonight where i have the sm57 about 4 or 5 inches away, off axis

JOEY B. said:
shogun said:

Hey man i was wondering if you could explain tyhe first paragraph? What is DRG and HRG C+?

Thanks!!

a drg is

D - simul class
R - Reverb
G - Graphic EQ

HRG is

H - Hundred watt
R - Reverb
G- Graphic EQ

heres a guide for ya that is very well put together with alot of information

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18184

im makin progress!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBkqaIF2riI 8)

shogun said:
i only partially understand your post :oops:

what would you recommend for mic'ing positions ? i have both a condensor and 57.. i actually found a weird sweet spot tonight where i have the sm57 about 4 or 5 inches away, off axis

The Mark V manual suggested C+ settings sound very close to the real thing, WHEN you set your C+ as stated in the manual. The problem is that my ideal C+ settings are not those in the Mark V manual. I am not the extreme metalhead, but more of the Steve Lukather camp. i like the Strat to sound like a Fender, and my LP to sound like a Gibson. I use EVM ported thiele cabs as well as a Genz-Benz G-flex ported 2x12 loaded with MESA (Eminence) 150 watt MS-12 speakers. The key to getting an accurate tone from a ported cab is to mic it close with the SM-57 AND at a distance with the condenser mic. The room size will determine the distance that the condenser should be placed from the cabinet. You can blend the two mics to achieve a VERY BIG guitar sound. 8)

nice, i love lukather!

i did exactly that, sm57 and condenser.. check out the video i linked above!

shogun said:
nice, i love lukather!

i did exactly that, sm57 and condenser.. check out the video i linked above!

I learned that trick over 20 years ago from a recording engineer. The ability to blend in the "ambience" makes all the difference. I like that I can hear the strat body/maple fingerboard in your tone, even on channel 3. Much better than the plywood guitar/EMG combination that often shows up on youtube, for **** sure. 8)

i was actually trying another 57 on the port.. and then... the adapter for my presonus firebox DIED

:cry:

Steve, can you PLEASE share any info you can in regards to your delay you're using. What type, milliseconds? Is it stereo? It's very Eric Johnsony, I love it. I've got an Eventide Timefactor, so I am going to try and recreate it if you would be a help.

hey bud, are you talking mainly about the clean part in my latest video? i had an eventide and it was AMAZING.. i sold it when i hooked up with TC
i'm using the nova delay in that vid, though i also use a nova repeater on the same board..

Yeah man, in the clean part. of the video titled ( Port City 212 - Mesa Boogie Mark Five - Suhr S4 - TC Electronic Nova Delay ) The part I'm referring to starts 1:30 in. I love the eventide it's great. I know you use the nova, I just didn't know if you could access which m/s you're using for that sound, and what kind of delay it was. Thanks!

Where in the manual i can find IIC+ settings? I have the updated manual.
Thanks

Do you have the pdf or hard copy? If you have pdf, Control + F and search for "settings".

If you have a hard copy, just look. :lol:

It's not that long. Usually recommended settings are near the end, but before the part about triodes, pentodes, etc.

Back