I just ordered tubes for my dual rect. and nomad 55

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[email protected]

And you can always count on a quick, courteous, and very detailed response to all of your questions. At the risk of sounding sappy, Bob makes you feel like you have a friend in the business. Truly impressive.

Valtyr said:
Sounds like you are happy with the new tubes. 8)

I've still got the stock tubes in my F-30 and it sounds fine to me. when they wear out, I'll probably experiment with different tubes as well.

How is that working for you? I have a spare set of JJ KT-88's that im thinking about throwing in my 3 channel dual recto.

Hi

This is my first posting, and ive just bought my first Mesa!

'socialparasite'

I don't think you posted your results on the Mesa Nomad- i am seriously considering getting some tubes off of Bob and would like to to know how well they work and the amount of gain produced.

PS- Great forum! :wink:

Thanks

Gaz

Gaz said:
Hi

This is my first posting, and ive just bought my first Mesa!

'socialparasite'

I don't think you posted your results on the Mesa Nomad- i am seriously considering getting some tubes off of Bob and would like to to know how well they work and the amount of gain produced.

PS- Great forum! :wink:

Thanks

Gaz

Welcome. I have JJ's 6L6GC in my Nomad 55/12. A thing of beauty.
If I were to experiment with either preamp tubes or switch to EL34 I'd get EI tubes from Yugoslavia. Nothing beats those EL34. Cheap too, once we bombed 'em to dark ages. The new EI Golds are supposed to be something but I'd prefer to find older (prewar) stock. Think TubeDepot.com might have them.

Latest posts

Back