I just ordered tubes for my dual rect. and nomad 55

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialparasite

Reaction score
Well guys after referals to go to Bob from eurotube for my boogies i ordered the kits today. Bob gave me 2 personal emails am very happy with the customer service. Below is what i got. I will give you my review after installing. Little things like this excite me it feels like christmas :D

for the Dual:

Mesa Dual Rec - High Gain Option with 6L6GC's
PRICE: 107.00
DESC: A quad of JJ 6L6GC's for a deeper tone from the power section. For the front end 3 hand picked high gain JJ ECC83S's for V1, V2, V3, a standard ECC83S for V4 and a balanced ECC83S for V5. Lots of depth and a scorching lead tone.

Mesa Dual Rec GZ34 Rectifier Upgrade
PRICE: 28.00
DESC: If you like the Rectifier tube sound but you find the stock 5U4's too mushy then here is the answer! A pair of the JJ GZ34's which are plug and play. These will maintain the Rectifier tone but put the mush on hold.

for the nomad 55:

6L6GC / High Gain Option for Single Rec, Solo 50 & Nomad 55 Amps
PRICE: 77.50
DESC: The deep thump of mathced pair of the JJ 6L6GC's along with 5 JJ ECC83S's, 3 hand picked high gain tubes for V1, V2 & V3 and balanced PI tube for V5. A nice combination for a deep low end with a crisp attack, a sparkling clean and a thick lead tone.

Cool, definitely let us know how they sound with the JJ's. My nomad needs to be re-tubed and I'm thinking of getting the high gain preamp tubes.

I'd like to hear your thoughts (and clips?) on the JJ 6L6's. About ready for a set of power tubes in my Triple, and after the results I got with the pre's and recto's I'm giving some serious thought to the JJs for power as well. I'm sure they are of high quality, but how to they sound?

I will let you know Glass as soon as i get them. I ordered them today around 5 eastern time and he emailed me telling me he will ship them today. I also orederd a shure 57 mic to mic my amp for recording. I will see how that goes.

OK folks i come home after work and noticed a package on my door. It was me and my new tubes that i did some research on. There was no time to waste and after about 2 hours of straight playing all i can say is wow and i mean it. I will tell you if i get some bad gear and i will be honest but in this case this is the best purchase i have ever made. I cant hardly explain. My sound is much much more focus. The tubes do exactly what the desricption says on the euro tubes web site. All i can say folks you owe it to your self to try JJ's tubes at least 1 time in your life. I can almost assure you you will not regret it. The JJ's i ordered (see first post) changed my amps characteristics so much i had to find my settings all over but it was much easier this time with the dual rect. The EQ settings are so much more controlable if thats a word. The metal chug is totally different and chords are more agressive and has a faster attack by a long shot compared to the stock mesa tubes. Blues never sounded better on the dual. The tone i got upstairs with my les paul for blues was a mix of hendrix/clapton/SRV and i am not lying. All i can say is thanks to whom ever recommended these tubes to me. It is better then any effect i could have bought and wasted my money on. I honestly did not think i would notice a huge change. I expected to be disappointed but in the end it knocked my socks off and my ears feel like there lying to me. There is a big difference in tubes and JJ's are going to be hard to beat. If i owned an amp company i would put jj's as stock. i might write more later i am tired from work cant wait to jam tomorrow. I feel like i bought another new amp. I will give you a review on the new tubes on my nomad later on

Most common comment after a JJ re-tube.

And our survey says:

I feel like I just bought a new amp.

JJ's are the schnitz man. Good Luck!

I have JJ 6L6's in my Dual Recto and I think they sound great. The JJ EL34's sound pretty **** good too.

Do you find having a high gain ecc83s in V1 hurts the clean channel at all? I know they produced too much gain in my Peavy JSX so I went with standard ecc83s's in the Dual Recto. I may have to try them again?

Honestly Kung is sounds better then the stock tubes on the clean channel. I think it gave it more lively hood compared to the stock clean sound. It seems to be a little brighter to me i dig it. I have always played my nomad 55 or fender for clean but with the switch of tubes i use the recto. Its not fender clean but its a huge improvement from the stock clean.

In the past I've retubed all my amps with JJ's and have never been dissatisfied. So...

I just ordered a Eurotubes KT-88 retube kit with the high-gain option for the Mesa Dual Rectifier, which includes two GZ34 rectifier tubes. I'm really curious how the KT-88's sound after reading the text on the Eurotubes site. I added matched quad of 6L6GC's to swap out for lower volume practicing.

Anyone try the KT-88's in their Dual or Triple Rec?

Sounds like you are happy with the new tubes. 8)

I've still got the stock tubes in my F-30 and it sounds fine to me. when they wear out, I'll probably experiment with different tubes as well.

JJ 6L6's on the way!!! Already have the hi-gain front end and GZ34's, and if they are any indication, this is gonna ROCK. BTW they're going in a 3-ch Triple, and I'm certainly not afraid of the volume knob, so if any of ya's have any further suggestions/ comments/ concerns regarding these tubes....

I just ordered & got another quad of 6L6s from Bob.
Gotta give him more props here. He took one complication out of owning a tube amp; actually knowing a lot about tubes.

If the day ever comes that Eurotubes is no longer then I'll have to deal with it; until then I'm glad I can just call Bob up & he'll take care of the complicated stuff so I can worry about playing.

Okay, so I popped the new JJ 6L6's in last night before rehearsal, replacing the Mesa STR454's (which I thought were very nice tubes...) Couldnt believe what I was hearing. 100% improvement in clarity in all channels, deeper lows with zero flub even in the tube-rec setting, nice crisp (not harsh) highs. Outstanding.

Sounds like a bunch of happy guitarists! Yeah, I had Bob help me through some issues with my amp. I had actually accidentally broke the center guide out of one of my JJ's while taking it out to switch it with the other. I called him up and explained that I needed another tube, he told me that the tube itself was fine, just to make sure that I had it lined up correctly. Well, I still bought another tube and will use the other one as a spare. He was cool about not just trying to sell more tubes, and when I bought the replacement it was at my door in 3 days. Kudos Bob! And I loved the tone after replacing the tubes, previously, which I wrote about before.

I'll definitely buy from him again.

OOF! Got to get myself some of those. Is it easy to retube?

It's actually pretty simple. When you pull your tubes take a look at the sockets to see how the tubes should line up do one at a time. A mirror might help, if you can't see the sockets. Just make sure that any side to side action is very subtle. I got into a hurry and broke off the center guide and had to dig it out with a small screwdriver. But, that was my fault. There are instructions on the web for it. Also, Bob usually sends some instructions along with the tubes. If you get stuck, just holler or give Bob a call, but it doesn't take an engineering degree to do it.

After looking at the Eurotubes site I quite fancy trying trying the JJ 6V6's and GZ34's in my Dual Rec. Anyone done the same?

Hmm so it's either...

Mesa Dual Rec 6V6 - GZ34 - High gain pre option
PRICE: 124.00
DESC: Want power tube breakup at a little less volume? How about a great warm clean tone? Want the punch of playing in the solid state rec mode but the warmth of playing in the tube rec mode without the mush? This kit may be your answer! A quad of the JJ 6V6's which are fat and full sounding with a little less power, a pair of the JJ GZ34's along with 5 JJ ECC83S's, 3 hand picked high gain tubes for V1, V2 & V3 and balanced PI tube for V5 will get you the warmest tone I've heard yest from a Dual Rec and a chunky fat rhythm & rippin lead!! These should be run in the EL34 mode and tube rectifier mode which will get the bias just right!

... or what was mentioned at the start of this thread for the Dual.

Does anyone have Bob from Eurotubes email address? The link isn't working for some reason.

:(

Latest posts

Back