I just had to share this experience...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay22

Reaction score
Alright, I did it. I found a RKI with a mesa 2x12 for less than what I had into my triple rectifier with a used marshall cabinet. I took my stuff back for a full refund and bought the RKI.

I havent the slightest clue as to what some people are talking about. I have read that the rectifiers are able to produce heavier distortion tones than the Road King. No.

this thing shits all over my brand new triple rectifier. Both in cleans and the heaviest distortion you can imagine. I dont know if anyone here is familiar with a metal band called Machine Head, but in my opinion it just doesnt get any heavier than those guys. They use modded 5150's and my RKI destroys their tone in the heavy department. The cleans are awesome and everything in between is wicked. I couldnt ask for more.

I even broke out some blues riffs and some led zepplin while playing with the channels. The sound is just amazing.

So anyone who is on the fence about this amp, get it.

To those that said it was a good idea to grab it, thanks! Best advice ever.

I wont be missing my triple recto at all.

I envy you, my friend! I would love an RKII. Good to hear you're happy with what you got! Maybe we'll hear you on a record one day.

Right on bro... don't look back. RKs are sweet amps, despite some of the bashing they get. I learned a long time ago that it can and will do just about anything I want it to, I just have to figure out how to set the knobs and switches on it. So far it has yet to let me down and I've been playing it for over 2 years.

Thanks everyone! Yes, this amp is purely amazing.

No effects at all, just right into the amp and it works like a charm.

Im very satisfied.

Jay22 said:
Thanks everyone! Yes, this amp is purely amazing.

No effects at all, just right into the amp and it works like a charm.

Im very satisfied.

nice glad it worked out

Back