I have a very early Tremoverb amp that I am trying to date..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Reaction score
So far it won't go out to dinner with me ..... :lol:

... :( ok anyway, it is a 93 and I bought it off the first owner. He had a Mesa Dual rec that he bought back in 93 and it had a problem, so he shipped it back to Boogie and was waiting on parts. In the meantime the Tremoverbs started coming off the line and he asked if they would just ship that instead... and they did.

When I bought the amp, I pulled the chassis out to look at the inside and see if the power tube sockets were chassis mounted. They are of course, but in doing so I saw some tape on the side that says Tremoverb head #08 117V

.... I am guessing this means it was the 8th head built? The serial # is R003403..... so I am not sure how to figure this all out other than calling Mesa. :evil:

Anyway, I am selling the head and just want to know how to decipher the Serial numbers. :?: .... anyone here know ?

ok this is only a guess

The tremoverb is a recto right!!!it is dated 93,the rectos came out bout 91 meanin that by 93 there could have only been say 3000 odd rectos made,I would say that this is the 3403 mesa dual rec made but,the 8th tremoverb ever made

this is a shear guess but it really does make sense to me,I would date it anyways but she seems very fussy,hehehe

Euan

I thought, and am pretty sure, '94 was the first year of the tremoverb? And the first 500 or so had a serial loop instead of a parallel loop. You can tell by looking at the back of the amp at the FX loop inputs, is there one level knob or two? If only one, it's one of the first 500 with a serial loop, if not then it could still be an early T-verb but not one of the "earliest" ones.

My '94 t-verb had '93 written inside the chassis, but it probably wasn't released until very late '93 or early '94.

That's my history with T-Verbs.

tele_jas said:
I thought, and am pretty sure, '94 was the first year of the tremoverb? And the first 500 or so had a serial loop instead of a parallel loop. You can tell by looking at the back of the amp at the FX loop inputs, is there one level knob or two? If only one, it's one of the first 500 with a serial loop, if not then it could still be an early T-verb but not one of the "earliest" ones.

My '94 t-verb had '93 written inside the chassis, but it probably wasn't released until very late '93 or early '94.

That's my history with T-Verbs.

Weird! Here are pics..... looks like a send and return knob. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130084173630&indexURL=4&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Back