I hate to ask this

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastmile

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound like such a "newbie", immature, copy-catish personalityless question, but

Does anyone know what type of POWER/PREAMP tubes Petrucci uses? I ... kinda would'nt mind getting close to his tone. I have one of the first serial black Mark III, I am thinking that is close enough. Heck I might even have an Ernie Ball kicking around too.

I know, I suck (for not getting my OWN tone.)

;)

Almost everybody's searching for the tone of their Idol.

Most Idols were searching for the tone of their Idol too probably.

It´s okey. I also love his tone too.

I think he uses stock mesa tubes, at least he did in his RK´s during the TOT era.
During the SDOIT tour he used NOS Sylvania 6L6 tubes (the original tubes for these amps) in his Mark IIC+´s.

He uses 6L6 tubes exclusively.

Telefunkens are used by the hifi audio community too so that is why the damnd is so high and the price reflects it. BTW have you ever heard Telefunkens in a guitar amp? They really do sound good.

AART said:
Almost everybody's searching for the tone of their Idol.

Most Idols were searching for the tone of their Idol too probably.

Hello lastmile and AART,

First of all lastmile, welcome to the board from a fellow Ottawan. This board is a great place and will help you find "your" tone.

AART, you got it right on the nail.

Most of us mere mortals, myself included, reach for the stars by copying the stars ( or idols) who, as you say, probably did the same thing. There are only a very few people, myself excluded, who can then take what they've learned and take it to a whole new level.

Back