I dig Slayer! Make a few other recommendations please..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres some real good old skool thrash metal for ya
FORBIDDEN
TESTAMENT
EXODUS
OVERKILL
HADES
PANTERA
as for new stuff not much out there for me execpt for LAMB OF GOD theyre bringing back the thrash in a big way.

Here is a few, Im not sure if you like growl type vocals or religious topics...

Amon Amarth (Versus the World, all are great)
Atheist
Bloodbath
Children of Bodom
Cynic
Coroner
Death (Human, Individual Thought Patterns)
Dimmu Borgir (Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia)
Edge of Sanity (Crimson, Crimson II)
Entombed (Left Hand Path, Clandestine)
Evergrey (In search of Truth, Solitude Dominance, Tradgedy, Dark Discovery)
Iced Earth
Immortal (At the heart of winter, Damned in Black, Sons of Northen Darkness)
Kind Diamond (Conspiracy, Abigail, Them, Fatal Potrait)
Megadeth (Rust in Peace)
Metal Church (Metal Church)
Opeth (All Of them)
Pantera (Cowboys from hell)
Pestilence
Sadus (pick up older stuff)
Toxik

I know some of these have been mentioned, but that should only enforce you to get them...Faster! :D Hope that helps

sgtbaker said:
Ministry is pretty good. They covered Supernaut by Sabbath.. nothing spectacular though.

That was 1,000 Homo Dj's.

Basically a few musicians hanging out at Wax Trax getting drunk and having a little fun. But definitely one of the many Minsitry spinoffs.

Rammstein has a heavy grinding sound that's not too difficult.

While we're taking a walk on the dark side, check out Sisters of Mercy's "A Slight Case of Overbombing". Temple of Love is a good example of somewhat fast downstroking chunky goodness.

When you're up to a challenge, KMFDM's ADRUGAGAINSTWAR will surprise you. Gunter is a rock God.

Check out Kreator's "Extreme Aggression" and "Coma Of Souls" albums. Very, very similar to Slayer's music.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7234653&MyToken=b5abd549-903f-4bff-9c22-c7efd0f7de95

Actually, try checking out german thrash metal. Bands like Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Coroner, etc...

Back