I cant figure out the ED. Why the ED?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimeSignature said:
Must be my terminology.... but Im having difficulty understanding how "stacked pots" somehow negates the fact that if I for example, max the treble in "lo" mode it is also maxed is "hi" mode. Is that not sharing the tone control at some level?

Technically, no. Although they all maxed visually looking at the dial at say 5:00, the treble is certainly set at different levels "behind the scene" depending on which mode you are in.

Further explained, 12:00 treble on clean might be 2:00 on lo gain and 3:30 on hi gain, even though the chicken head dial is set directly north physically to 12:00 noon.

Does this make sense?

Makes perfect sense, but to me that still seems "shared" to a certain extent. Except that the calibration is off. :)

Either way, its a cool amp.

I it was a 2 channel without shared controls I would have two of them by now. Especially thanks to this clip.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41130
Good sound Primal.

ryjan said:
I it was a 2 channel without shared controls I would have two of them by now. Especially thanks to this clip.
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41130
Good sound Primal.

primal said:
TimeSignature said:
I sat down with the ED for a little bit longer this time....

I am very impressed with this amp. I ran a tube screamer in front and was blown away by how awesome the amp sounded in hi mode with the gain dimed. Very saturated. Great tone. Sensative tone controls. This amp had some nice bite as well as lots of bottom end.

I have been enlightened. :D

I hope my settings helped! ;)

I think this weekend I might try it in stereo with the Mark IV. That should be interesting.

That is what I am doing right now, although the cabs are very different (1/12 with a Sidewinder for the ED and 4/10 with Jensens for the MK)

Latest posts

Back