I am thinking about buying this Mark IV amp. Is it A or B?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axelfatu

Reaction score
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/279554294.html

is $1200 a good price?

Hey man it is indeed an A . The last several on Ebay have brought that much; sometimes a little more sometimes a little less but that one looks to be in pretty good shape for a 91. The A version has the identical lead circuit (not tranny's) as the MkIIC+ and is even prefered by many over the B. It's a matter of personal taste. Some say the A is a bit more raw and open sounding and some say the B is smoother or even slightly compressed in character. Depends on who you ask. You can always recoup your funds and go B if later you get to compare them and prefer one or the other.

Now let's get back to beaches, babes, and somebody post some pictures of chicks holding guitars or something!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

Hey, it's got the 20,000 League's option. I cannot deal with rusty transformers. I would ask the guy if it had the 561136 power transformer.
That was only on the early A's. I think it's a MK IV market now, but I paid $ 750 for my IVB Mint 1993 EV Combo. From personal preference, I would hold out for a IVB with a little less iron in it's diet.

I would go for it, with a little wd40 and a toothbrush you can get most of that rust off, just remember make sure it does not get on the circuit board.

DO NOT USE WD-40 !!!
It's Kerosene and lubricant meant to penetrate rusted objects. It will not evaporate fast enough and will attemp to seep into the laminations.
Use Naptha or Denatured Alcohol only.

When the WD-40 seeps into your transformer and does not evaporate you can turn it on, short it and enjoy the fireworks and small flames.

Boogiebabies said:
When the WD-40 seeps into your transformer and does not evaporate you can turn it on, short it and enjoy the fireworks and small flames.

Haha wow that would suck big time

-AJH

Latest posts

Back