I am planning on a new amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kissing said:
do you really have to spend hours to get the tone that you want? i have seen the control panels of the MKIV and RK, and to be frank, i think i need a rocket sceintist to do the settings. is it not user friendly? i have seen reviews and some had them for weeks and are still tuning them! sorry for the question but all i could do now is ask (i dont have it in my country, which is my other big problem!)

I think that's a myth that has been exaggerated by the internet. Especially in the case of the Road King. You basically have 4 sets of the same controls. Learn one and you've learned them all.

can anybody explain to me in layman terms wat the progressive linkage does?

Progressive Linkage allows you to pick what set of power tubes you want to use. The RKII has 6 power tubes: it has 4 x 6l6's and 2 x el-34's. What progressive linkage allows you to do is to pick whether you want to run a pair of el34's, a pair of 6l6's, two pairs of 6l6's, a pair of 6l6's and a pair of el-34's or two pairs of 6l6's with the one pair of el-34's.

Back