I am ordering a Mesa Stiletto Ace and need some help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you mean by "pedalfriendly"?

you can adjust the gain of the send output to your needs
so there should be no problem.

enjoy your new ace! i really think with the 2x12" version you made the best choice - crank it!!!

lefttygtr said:
Ok I think I am going with the 2x12 combo but have one last question. I hear that Mesa amps are not pedal freindly. I only use a Boss SD-1 and Boss Chorus. So is this true

aw man! get the head! J/k

time based effects work really well in the nice effects loop in the ace. you'll find that to work well with your chorus.

as for OD pedals, I dont have much exp with my ace in this area. I havent found the need to boost my Ace to get the tones I'm looking for. Though I've been thinking about picking up a tubescreamer sometime though

inkwachemis said:
lefttygtr said:
Ok I think I am going with the 2x12 combo but have one last question. I hear that Mesa amps are not pedal freindly. I only use a Boss SD-1 and Boss Chorus. So is this true

time based effects work really well in the nice effects loop in the ace. you'll find that to work well with your chorus.

as for OD pedals, I dont have much exp with my ace in this area. I havent found the need to boost my Ace to get the tones I'm looking for. Though I've been thinking about picking up a tubescreamer sometime though

Im with you, I still think the head and cab gives the extra ability to further dial your tone . Tube screamer works great in the front of it . I recently had my TS9 modded by Robert Keeley . Its super cool now .

Barry said:
inkwachemis said:
lefttygtr said:

Im with you, I still think the head and cab gives the extra ability to further dial your tone . Tube screamer works great in the front of it . I recently had my TS9 modded by Robert Keeley . Its super cool now .

yea man, agreed. you can get a nice oversized 2x12 cab from avatarspeakers.com for a great price AND you get to choose what speakers to put in there. v30s come stock in the combo, which i think is a nice speaker, but not the end all speakers for the Ace

inkwachemis said:
Barry said:
inkwachemis said:

yea man, agreed. you can get a nice oversized 2x12 cab from avatarspeakers.com for a great price AND you get to choose what speakers to put in there. v30s come stock in the combo, which i think is a nice speaker, but not the end all speakers for the Ace
Mesa will also put greenbacks in a cab instead of V30s if you request it . No upcharge for that .

Barry said:
inkwachemis said:
Barry said:

Mesa will also put greenbacks in a cab instead of V30s if you request it . No upcharge for that .

hey! i didnt know that. I'm running a Splawn 4x12 with greenbacks and its awesome with the Ace

Another thing to consider is the use. In the studio I always use my 1x12s (either lonestar or ace). I read that Page recorded all the Zepplin on a 1x12 Supro, and a 1x12 does indeed work great in the studio, but live I always use a 4x12. Yes, you can mic the 1x12 and run it through the PA, but I like the resposiveness of the 4x12 better then a 2x12 live with the band. I would own the 2x12 too, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't know if I'm too late. I got an Ace head and two 2 X 12 roadster cabs and for my money they sound far better than the combos.

BR

Err... Mesa's are pedal friendly. I use quite a few pedals with my setup (maverick). I wouldn't really think of amps in terms of being "pedal friendly" or not, I mean the amp really doesn't care if it has the guitar plugged straight in or effects first, or effects in the loop. It does not have an effects loop bypass footswitch like the Marshall TSL does, which would be a cool feature. But effects are effects. They don't care what amp they go into.

Back