I am in an interesting situation.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which amp should I get?

• Stay with the MarkIV that I currently own.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Trade MarkIV straight across for a MarkIIC+ 100/60, eq, verb.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Save up a few more $ and get a MarkV.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

ryjan

Reaction score
So I find a MarkIIC+ EVM combo with GEQ, 100/60, reverb in excellent shape and the guy will trade straight for my Mark IV head. Gassing bad. Not thinking clearly. Need your opinions. :D

The MKIV mode is one of the best modes in the MKV. Great metal saturated sound. Wails... I would explore getting another Boogie that focused on cleans a bit but still has good distortion, on the cheap used. Then you will have stereo.... and the ORIGNAL MKIV tone with a good clean tone added. You already have a great amp, just seem to want a few more options.

Don't confuse something new with something better......

You could always get another Mark IV and the prices are dropping quite a bit as will the used market on the Mark V. I just saw a Mark V sell for 1695 shipped on eBay the other day. Mark IV's are very inexpensive now.
A C+ on the other hand doesn't come around everyday. You would be money ahead with the C+ if you ever wanted to sell it. (a lot more)
The C+ has fantastic cleans.

Agreed - you can pick up a Mark IV any day of the week. Unless it has sentimental value I'd make the trade, you would probably make a profit if you preferred the IV by selling the IIC+ and pocketing the difference.

ain't broken, don't fix it.........

at the same time i want a IIC+ bad..

I have one (c+) i change amps and gear all the time but the c+, are going to stay wih me for eternuity , I say go for it, if you like the boogie mark sound the c+ is rawest most pure adrenalin sound there is.

Assuming this was the one on Craigslist - I hope you didn't make the trade. Talked to the seller on Thursday night and Friday morning (cash in hand ready to pick it up), and it isn't a IIC+. Build date of '81, 82XX serial = IIB. He even confirmed on the phone that he thought is was a IIB as well, but never changed the posting. Posting was deleted Friday afternoon so someone bought it.

I had a loaded IIC+ a number of years ago - wish I still had it (had a loaded IIC prior to that). My vote - IIC+. You can always find another IV.

Matt

mthoople said:
Assuming this was the one on Craigslist - I hope you didn't make the trade. Talked to the seller on Thursday night and Friday morning (cash in hand ready to pick it up), and it isn't a IIC+. Build date of '81, 82XX serial = IIB. He even confirmed on the phone that he thought is was a IIB as well, but never changed the posting. Posting was deleted Friday afternoon so someone bought it.

I had a loaded IIC+ a number of years ago - wish I still had it (had a loaded IIC prior to that). My vote - IIC+. You can always find another IV.

Matt
I found this out as well. Big dissapointment. :cry: Well, still saving up for a Mark V!

Back