I already have a MkIV, why am I gassing for a Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
I already have a MkIV (which I love), why am I gassing for a Roadster? I guess I'm asking, what will the Roadster do for me that the MkIV isn't already doing?

I realize that tone is subjective, but if someone could try to explain it would be appreciated.

If you want a lead tone. Stick to the Mark IV.

If you want a different and maybe better rhythm tone for hard rock, maybe the Roadster will do it.

The Roadster gives you 2 Recto tones and a vintage-style clean to dirty tone in channel 1.

You'll probably prefer the Mark IVs lead tone more than the Roadsters channel 2 British mode. This is my clean jazz channel in Fat mode.

I recommend the head over the combos unless you want a mid-range spike.

I prefer the versatility of a 4 channel vs 2 channel amp. And this is an excellent amp for blues, jazz, hard rock.

lockbody said:
jerseydrew said:
...why am I gassing for a Roadster?

'cause I'm selling one and you just can't stand it? :evil:

:lol:

Yep, I'm thinking about it. I usually don't like to buy amps from people I don't know. Since we're fellow HFCers, we're honest, smart, and handsome :)

I had the same gas earlier this year and got a Roadster 2x12 combo, but I sold a couple of months later. It really was a nice amp, but I did not care for that "Recto" voicing. So I sold it to a fellow forumite. I much prefer a Stilletto to compliment my MKIV 8)

Mr_You said:
I recommend the head over the combos unless you want a mid-range spike.

Why is that? My RKII combo has a mid-range spike in comparison to a the head/cab. :?:

Latest posts

Back