Hum with Rack Setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe187

Reaction score
Hi - this is my first post. thanks for having me...

I have a 50 50 in a rack with a Rocktrom Prophesy as a pre, a Korg DT 2000, an Intellifex, and a Furman power box, I get a 60 cycle hum when turning the 50 50 up past 12:00. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of the hum?

Thanks

Joe

first of all do you know from which equipment hum is coming ?
If not unplug everything,power on your power and search for noise.
If is not the power plug prophecy in your power and search for noises.
Do that to every equipment you have.
After you know where the noise is coming from we will help you.
luck

uffff, hum could be caused by several issues, one of them is the classical ground effects, when you hadn´t a good ground installation for example ground looms and loops and even if you hadn´t the ground connection that minimizes the RF induction.
But hum is not only caused by ground connections, as I said it could be a RF disturbing, other electrical equipments connected at the same electrical phase
These are the classical 50 hz hum. But there are another hum or noise effects, like bad tubes or microphonics crackle or the classical high gain amps noise produced by the electrons current flows ( the classical hiss or white noise )
Having a furman on your rack don´t warranty you that you will not haven´t hum noises, think that most furman equiments are only over electrical damage safe, they don´t regulate the voltage they protect the equipment for out of range electrical voltage.

I get a 60 cycle hum when turning the 50 50 up past 12:00.
that is very strange, let me think about it

Latest posts

Back