Hum - power conditioner?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
I'm currently rocking a '77 Mark I 15" and a '96 Mark IV 1x12 combo, and I wanted a bit of advice from you lot.

I'm getting terrible hum on both amps, just when they're 'idling' - no volume on the guitar, actually even without the guitar plugged in, though it does increase when you're plugged in.

They work absolutely fine away from home, but back at the ranch they're hummy little buggers. Would getting a power conditioner (Furman etc...) make a difference?

I've got no experience with power conditioners at all, and rather than waste £200 on one not knowing if works, I was wondering if you guys could advise :)

I'm actually going to pick one up today. But why does it cost 200 quid over the pond? I'm getting a Furman RP-8 for 15 bucks! Even new they're only like $60.

From what I know, it will reduce the hum a bit, but also it should make the amps get the voltage they were supposed to get when they were made, meaning they should even sound better.

Are you using both amps at once?
Google "ground loop".
Also "Ebtech Hum Eliminator".

Yes, I am running both amps at once. I'm interested by this Ebtech unit...

Do you actually use one of these?

Latest posts

Back