Hum in a Dual Rec.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verity38

Reaction score
i am buying a older version of the Mesa Boogies Dual Rec with 2 chan. I was talking to the guy today and he said the place were going makes the head hum when the lights are on and he said it stoppes when the lights are off..do you find this to be a true statement and if it isnt would it be something to do with the head and is it fixable?

-marc

You'll find that it is noise in the mains AC from the lighting and other equipment. You can get power conditioners like the ones that Furman produce to get rid of noise and other annoying problems like minor power fluctuations.

Ciao ...

Edit: Spelling :oops:

+1 to Storm's post

Electric Motors, Dimmer Switches, etc all contaminate the power. In addition to added buzz, I've always noticed that when I don't use a power conditioner my low end isn't as tight.

alright yea i have a furman and a noise gate/sound maximizer just making sure the guy wasnt trying to cover up a problem with this head because its only 800 dollars and its one of the superior versions of the dual rec.

Latest posts

Back