Hughes n kettner triamp MK2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-BOOGIE_MAN-

Reaction score
Anybody here have this beast?

Just wondering if you need to do anything to change tubes on this one? or is it hassle free like mesa/boogie products??

Cheers,

Al, I've spent a lot of time with these amps but have never owned one. 3 channels two voices per channel. EL34 and EL 84 power section. It covers a wide spectrum of of tones. The cleans are good and Channel 2 features tones reminisent of the modded JCM 800 and Plexi tones. The Channel 3 Amp B is very similar in tone to the Dual Rectifier, yet not quite as loose.

The options are great too, especially with MIDI capabilty though it is a seperate option.

Very expensive, very heavy, and a lot of glass 13 tubes total. Adjustable bias the manual really doens't go into the location of the bias trim pots.

This is the second version and i beleive you can tell them apart because the newest version does not have reverb.

I really enjoyed this amp and would never rule out owning one.

Hey Dave,

R u saying the amp takes EL34 and EL84 at the same time??

I had a good 15 mins mucking around with this amp 2 years ago. It was good, but after looking at the price it kinda turn me down. The list price here is AU$5295. About the same price as triple recto.

So, is this amp 'fixed bias' like boogie product? or adjustable bias like marshall amp? is it gonna be hard to bias this thing??

I had a look on the manual. They said if the new set of tubes are the same charateristic as the old ones, we dont need to re-bias the amp. But, if its different then we need to.

Totally agree with you. I think this is the best amp in H&K products. I tried trilogy, but id rather save more money and get triamp. Warp T, the distortion is MEAN, BRUTAL. It is just nasty sounding. Good for straight ahead metal, trash metal not my taste though. and switchblade; i dont like this amp. The sound is not for me.

I just order a pair ruby EL34-BHT from Doug. Hopefully i should receive it by 2 weeks. He said, I could get bogner tone by using it. lets see ...

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
Hey Dave,

R u saying the amp takes EL34 and EL84 at the same time??
The clean channel in the manual talks about EL84 power section. I'm guessing the tube break down is 7 12AX7's, 4 EL34's and 2 EL84's

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
I had a good 15 mins mucking around with this amp 2 years ago. It was good, but after looking at the price it kinda turn me down. The list price here is AU$5295. About the same price as triple recto.
That sounds about right in USD equivilant. I had thought new they were 3299USD

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
So, is this amp 'fixed bias' like boogie product? or adjustable bias like marshall amp? is it gonna be hard to bias this thing??
No, it's an adjustable bias with the trim post moslikely being on the board itself (meaning you'd hav to remove the chasis) or you have to remove the rear metal screen to get to them. The manual does not give the location

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
I had a look on the manual. They said if the new set of tubes are the same charateristic as the old ones, we dont need to re-bias the amp. But, if its different then we need to.
This is true for any adjustable bias amp. For example if I were to order another set of Ruby BSTR's from Doug; matched, and the same rating as what I had, they are plug and play. I'd check them anyway, but that's just me.

-BOOGIE_MAN- said:
...I just order a pair ruby EL34-BHT from Doug. Hopefully i should receive it by 2 weeks. He said, I could get bogner tone by using it. lets see ...

Let me know how they turn out.

Before I bought the single recto I almost bought the H&K warp t. I had to switch to single recto coz mesa offer more versatile where as warp t only offer 2 channels (thats it!). I enjoy the variety of sounds coming out from amp.

Great amp!! thinking about getting one of these in the future when my band is taking off to the next level!

Thank you for the infos Dave!!

Sure, I'll let you know man.

Take care,
Alvin

Back