Howdy - New Multi-watt Reborn Dual Rectifier Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LPMojoGL

Reaction score
:D Hi. My name is Bobby.
I recently purchased a Reborn Dual Rec.
I've had all kinda of other amps like Bogners, Orange, Marshall, Germino, Fryette, including Mesa Mark III and V, .50 Caliber +...

I never really liked any rectos I've played before, but this newer one is pretty tight. I've only had it a few days, but so far I'm thrilled with it.

Using a Les Paul with antiquities, a 2x12 open back with v30s and an od, I'm able to get all kinds of awesome tones, from blues, to AC/DC, to the heaviest sounds...
It takes a lil tweaking, but I'm digging it so much more than any Mesa I've had or played before.

Just wanted to say hi.

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm a newbie too. :oops:
I've had Marshall's and most recently a 5150, but I came accross a helluva deal on a Dual Rectifier and just couldn't pass it up. I'm happy to say it blows away any other amp I've ever owned. Great amps!

Thanks for the welcome!

I agree that Dual Rec is great.
I can't say it blows away any amp I've had, I've had some killer amps, but is extremely versatile, and I'm loving what it does.
What makes an amp great for me is if I'm inspired by it. If I can easily come up with new stuff.
So far, I've come up with a handful of great riffs and have wrote one actual whole song (a country song, no less!).
So, I'd say it's pretty awesome in that regard.
I have done my fair share of flipping amps, but I can see this one hanging around for quite a while.
I'm really digging it.

LPMojoGL said:
Thanks for the welcome!

I can't say it blows away any amp I've had, I've had some killer amps, but is extremely versatile, and I'm loving what it does.
What makes an amp great for me is if I'm inspired by it. If I can easily come up with new stuff.
So far, I've come up with a handful of great riffs and have wrote one actual whole song (a country song, no less!).
I have done my fair share of flipping amps, but I can see this one hanging around for quite a while.
I'm really digging it.
A new amp certainly helps the creativity. I recently acquired a Roadster so I'm learning all things Recto as well.

ryjan said:
LPMojoGL said:
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm really digging it.
A new amp certainly helps the creativity. I recently acquired a Roadster so I'm learning all things Recto as well.

The Roadster is cool. I had my choice between a Roadster 2x12 combo or this Dual Rec head.
I liked the fat and tweed modes on the Roadster, but like channels 2 n 3 on the Dual Rec better than 3 n 4 on the Roadster. Plus, the head/cab setup is better than an all in one, heavy combo. Both are versatile heads that can be dialed in for all kinds of sounds.

Latest posts

Back