How to get stale ashtray smell out of a MKIV Short Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Any ideas about how to get the smoke smell out of a MKIV combo, specifically, in the chasis, without causing any damage? Is compressed air safe for getting dust/debris off of the circuit board? How about for spraying the tube sockets? Any and all tips are much appreciated!
:?
Matt

That's what I would try first. Blow it out good with air (won't hurt a thing) and maybe let it sit outside for a day torn apart. i'd probably wipe out the cabinet with something. Just some disinfectant or something. Make sure you let it dry out good. Shouldn't be that hard to get rid of it.

just be sure the compressed air is set low, because some compressors have enough pressure to crack components and even dent capacitors.

Next, I would get a large trash bag and set up a tent that the combo can fit in. In one corner put an open box of baking soda in another put an open bowl full of hydrogen peroxide. Seal the bag, leave it for a few hours. After you open it, the odor should pretty much be gone....

Latest posts

Back