How many current C+ owners are on the board?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3. A 60/100 with GEQ and verb, a full-loaded Simul that Mike B said was one of the most pristine he's seen, and a Coliseum with GEQ. All of them are C's converted to C+ and I got all 3 really cheap; two were local to me. :D Two are in custom headshells by Kerry Wright, a local cab/vinyl guy who does awesome work for some of the top pros in the biz. I eventually want him to do one for my Coliseum as well as a custom cab; that's next!

Stonge said:
At first I have seen the ones that were modded to the C+ and never really liked em. Then the opportunity came up to finally get a REAL C+..so I wanted to see what the hype is. So I found a fully loaded one and I didn't really like it. Too Metallica-ie. Well I was playing mainly marshalls at the time and I was going to sell it (C+)..and then my marshall stop working momentarily. So I was forced to dial the C+ in. I have been hooked on mesa ever since (mark series). IIIs are pretty sweet and I have never played a I. But IVs and C+ are so far my fav. I wish I had a mark IV. I can't afford one right now though. They really are tweeker amps. I'll will try to post some photos of mine. I don't have a camera and I am waiting on my Thiele. but here are my settings.

vol 1: 6.5 (don't really pull this knob much)
treb: 6.8 (pulled for heavy/ not pulled for EQ out)
bass: 3.1
mid: 2.1
master: (pulled for my strat some times if sound is to thin)
L drive: 7.7 (pulled no foot switch at moment)
L master: 7.9 (pulled)

EQ: V (out for good leads)
750 fader is my thickness control. I adjust it for the type of room I am in or if bass player is drwning me out (which was hardly ever until he finally got a Mesa rig)

what's Virt?

Dude, am I reading this right? Your bass is at 3.1, not 3? You must have different knobs than me to get that precise.....

well if you have a C+ then you know how loose the knobs kinda are and you can move them without actually moving them. But if you fiddle with that but don't actually move them, that's how I got to be precise I guess. I don't know how much sense that makes. It would really take an example being done if front of you unless...lol

I have 2 fully loaded Mark IIC+ heads. One is a long head, the other is short. I used to have 4 of them.

I have owned 3 differnt Mark IV heads and 3 different Mark III heads, as well as 2 Triaxis and got to A/B them with the mark IIC+'s. Beleive me, there is a difference. The Mark IIC+'s have superior note deffinition, and are punchier sounding. The others sound good, but the IIC+'s sound GREAT.

I bought these back when I could get them for $1000-$1200. I would never pay over $1800 for one. But now that I have them and know the difference betrween them and the Mark III/IV and Triaxis, I will never sell them.

I have two:

'84 Simul-Class, Reverb, EQ, EVM, Imbuya
'84 60/100, Reverb, EQ, EVM, Black Tolex

BWK
'81 Mark IIB 60/100, REV, EQ, Altec, Cherry + Boogie Cab EVM
'82 Mark IIB Series 300 REV, EQ, 4x12 MS150/EVM Cab Imbuya
'84 Mark IIC+ 60/100, REV, EQ, EVM, Black Tolex
'84 Mark IIC+ Simul-Class, REV, EQ, Imbuya
'87 Mark III Red Simul-Class, REV, EQ, MS12 150 + Thiele EVM
'98 Mark III Green Simul-Class, REV, EQ, EVM + Thiele EVM
'04 Bass 400+, 2x10 Powerhouse Cab
'07 LoneStar 4x12 MS12 150/EVM Cab African Ribbon Wood
1952 Telecaster 5 String
1954 Telecaster 5 String
1970 Dan Armstrong
1972 Telecaster Thinline
1973 Telecaster Deluxe
1974 Telecaster Custom
1978 Telecaster Custom
1983 Telecaster
2001 ASAT S3
2005 ASAT Bluesboy
2005 '57 Les Paul CS Gold Top
2007 '59 Les Paul Tom Murphy Aged Ice Tea
GMajor
MESA High Gain Amp Switch

I have one that is an "upgrade" done back when they made the change to the C+. It is a Simul-Class, Reverb, EV combo in tan tolex and cane grille and I absolutely LOVE it even though it is a lowly "upgrade" that has the "100" tranny and no E.Q.; all of which make it about perfect for my mellower, non-metal playing style. I think the original STR-415's are about to die, however, and I'm worried about a drop-off in tone unless I pony up and get me some new 415's. Z

IIC01.jpg

Have one here also.60/100w,eq,ev and a woody.With Joey B, Lesterpaul and myself, we hace four C+'s in a 15 mile radius. Lots of fun when they are all together.

speaking of that, lets all hook up over xmas!-last day for me is friday...I have inherited a few new toys as well-guy who bought my Z has let me keep his gear at my house while he is out of country-2 full pedal boards with all kind of groovy stuff-pedals of note-ocd,fulldrive,z vex super duper, cream pedal custom,etc...and his dual rec as well-we need to wake the dead

New C+ (Simul-Class/EQ/Reverb) owner here. This baby is gonna be on its way to me by the beginning of the week, hopefully Monday or Tuesday. She's pretty **** clean if you ask me.

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

mystidream said:
New C+ (Simul-Class/EQ/Reverb) owner here. This baby is gonna be on its way to me by the beginning of the week, hopefully Monday or Tuesday. She's pretty **** clean if you ask me.

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

where did you find this one?

Elpelotero said:
mystidream said:

where did you find this one?

Believe it or not, I found it at GC. It was originally tagged at $3500 but I scored it for $2900 + tax.

GIG4FUN said:
Has the OP put up a running total yet?

Add me for one factory original long head.

+1 Add me onto the list as having a factory Original Combo(soon to be broken down into a custom Shorthead headshell) :D

Latest posts

Back