how long is your guitar cable? brand? share pls

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently tried a Evidence Lyric HG and it was awesome. I compared it to many other cables in that shop and hands down it was the most transparent. So I ordered a custom 20' with a right angle plug for the guitar. They are directional BTW. On my pedal board to my MKIv I have GeorgeL's

It really depends on your preference. Some guys like the coloration of some cables. Zoalla's are more scooped, Q-Audio's are fairly clear with some drop in the highs, Evidence are pretty flat, Lava's coil cords are really dark and funky sounding. Monster's are similar to the Evidence. I think you get the pic..... 8)

I just use 20 footer no names from Guitar Center. They cost nothing, last quite a while, and when they do crap out, all I have to do is get the soldering iron hot and redo the connections. Hmm, now that I think about it, my 20 foot cable now looks to be about 15...

i have mine custom made, canare cable, switchcraft ends.

they typically cost me about $16.

i make em at 15' length.

seems to be a good compromise length, for not losing too much signal, versus being long enough to do the watusi.

For most of my instrument cables and speaker cables, I get the best Monster cables I can find.

Mainly cuz if they get busted, I get the free replacements.

Other than that, all of mine are George L's.

10 feet Spectraflex Fatso to my pedalboard, then a buffer amp and 25 feet Monster Cable to my amp -- could probably run 50 feet or more without losses using the buffer -- I highly recommend these things.

15'-20' George L's. On the pedalboard as well. Sounds good, easy to fix if needed and not too expensive.

I have a few planet waves cables. They work well but break all the time....and I am NOT h ard on my cables at all. I have gone through 3 20 footers in 3 years.

willrock said:
im surprised no one recommends planet waves. anyone had something to say about this brand? good? bad?

I currently use one from my guitar to my pedal board (20'). It is a great cable, but if you a/b it with an Evidence, you'll see that you still lose some signal and high end. Not as much as most no names though. I don't like to use two planet waves in a set up because they have always caused ground loop hum regardless of which end is swapped (only one end is connected to the sheild). If I had never tried other "boutique" cables, I would be happy with it. As far as wireless systems, the technology seems to be advancing greatly, but I don't need one as most of the places I've played at have barely enough room for me to stand, let alone run around..... 8)

Rocky said:
I have a few planet waves cables. They work well but break all the time....and I am NOT h ard on my cables at all. I have gone through 3 20 footers in 3 years.

Really?

I use Planet waves, been using the same 15' cable for 4-5 years, without a glitch. All my other cables are PW as well.

heres my situation, im using a 4 cable method with my mark iv and boss gt8 with of course 4 planet waves cable, all 10 ft.. the problem is, on bigger stages, i cant move my pedalboard(gt8) all the way to the front coz of my 10 footers, now, im thinking 0f getting three 20 ft cables, and 0ne 10 feet (from guitar to pedalboard). Im just concerned of the tonal degradation the 20 ft cables will bring, any recommendations for 20 footers? brand?

I coordinated a Van Den Hul group buy on a Triaxis yahoogroup a while back, I currently have:

- 1 Monster Cable Jazz 10' Instrument Cable
- 1 Van Den Hul CS-122 Hybrid 3' Speaker Cable w/ Switchcraft Connectors
- 6 Van Den Hul D-102 III Hybrid Short (~1') Patch Cables w/ Neutrik Connectors

need to make and buy:

- 2 Van Den Hul ~5' Speaker Cables
- <20' Instrument cables, Van Den Hul probably. :)

Updated my sig..

Rocky said:
Kinda sorry to hear that, for years I made my cables with Canare GS-6 and Switchcraft ends through the years I have made a few cables for friends and they love them a friend of mine called me last month and suggested that I try Planet Waves. So I picked up a 15 footer, love the ends! Found the cable to have a bit more presence and a hair more midrange mostly upper midrange than one of my 15 foot cables. I could only tell the cables apart if I’m the one doing the A/B ing (very small difference)
But now I have it in my head to get the same ends or equivalent to the Planet Waves and put them on one of my Canare’s and give it a whirl. I have been making up cables for about 15 years and have never had a Canare break on me. I did notice when I picked up the Planet Waves cable it is very stiff so I could see the cables breaking!! Which is to bad sound wise I like them allot.
Like I said love there ends with the gold and spring to lock the cables in I also have the ones with the switch on one end

Back