How long did you have to wait (Mark V)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MesaGod666 said:
1 day.

I walked into GC. Saw the Mark V. Bought the Mark V. It's been in my studio ever since.

They had a black MKV head that just arrived the day I went to GC. I ordered my MKV so I could get the right color for my rig.

Finally got me one. Ordered a Mark V combo 4 weeks ago from my shop. Then I changed my mind and went for a head, asked them to see if another shop one, and received it exactly 7 days later (yesterday). Ahhhh shiiiiiiiiii.

Any recent purchases? How long did you have to wait? I'm 4 weeks in and it's killing me! I sold my lonestar (which I miss dearly) to fund the Mark V so I'm ampless.

Between the 2 Guitar Centers in Atlanta, there is a MKV coming thru every week. None back used though.

They seem to find happy homes :lol:

treadplate said:
I admire you guys for your patience as when it comes to music gear I cannot tolerate ANY delay at all and every day it takes is sheer agony.

I feel your pain, my family would always give me **** about having no patience for these big purchases. But honestly, how can you be calm and not loose sleep over it!

Placed my order in february 09 and got the amp in june 09...... i got a head #288!!!!! it was worth the wait :D

salvatruco said:
Placed my order in february 09 and got the amp in june 09...... i got a head #288!!!!! it was worth the wait :D

Yeah, I read a bunch of those posts, but I assumed the long wait was because the amp had just been released. Now that they've been out for a while I thought it would speed up a little bit. I'm really hoping it's not going to be 5 months :(

I ordered at the factory, right here in Petaluma, on March 2nd, a Mark V combo with Private Reserve quilt maple, along with a widebody closed back 1x12 and a 3/4 closed back 2x12.

8-12 weeks I was promised.

The day I decided to buy one, I found a local dealer who had one coming in the next day. So, I waited 24 hours.

zwish said:
salvatruco said:

Yeah, I read a bunch of those posts, but I assumed the long wait was because the amp had just been released. Now that they've been out for a while I thought it would speed up a little bit. I'm really hoping it's not going to be 5 months :(
maybe you can try to find one on discount @ ebay? that's how i got mine. totally happy and no regrets, plus i saved like $250+california sales tax from what i'd pay going through guitar showcase.

mejoshee said:
zwish said:
salvatruco said:

maybe you can try to find one on discount @ ebay? that's how i got mine. totally happy and no regrets, plus i saved like $250+california sales tax from what i'd pay going through guitar showcase.

I placed the order about 4 weeks ago, so no ebay for me. Thanks though.

I debated different amps and went with the Mark V. .Love it. I'm in NY and looked everywhere for this amp, a couple weeks. I found a head in Pittsburgh, I ordered it from the store and had it four days later. A long four days. I can't imagine 28....

zwish said:
Any recent purchases? How long did you have to wait? I'm 4 weeks in and it's killing me! I sold my lonestar (which I miss dearly) to fund the Mark V so I'm ampless.
I did it the opposite way around, bought the five then sold the Lonestar. Luckily it sold fairly quickly as I couldn't really afford to keep both (even though I hated parting with the Lonestar). I tracked down an in stock V, otherwise a three week wait.

Couldn't be ampless, as we gig and rehearse pretty regularly.

Back