How I landed back at Boogie Land.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
You guys might find this interesting or it might be boring.

I have been around the Amp Gasing Gearing up village for many moons and have literally owned a dang bunch of amps. I was a Tube Freak going back to the 70's and have played it all.

When Boogies came along (became really prevalent) I started using them and nothing else for many many moons. Then I ventured out into other territory going down the whole Booteek thang. I do still own one very nice Booteek Amp a good friend builds.

Anyway a while back I bought a 67 Bassman and put it in a new combo cab. I really did like it especially the clean sounds but the longer I played it the more trouble I seemed to have. I couldnt get the Dirty Sounds I needed without killing everyone and it was still too choppy also. I tried different speakers, tubes, yada yada yada, and ended up almost ready to mod it into what I needed. I talked with my tech many times and kept going back and forth about it.

Finally I came to the realisation that when I got done modding the Fender it was pretty much gonna be a Boogie. So I started thinking about Boogies and the more I though about it the more it made since to me to go that route.

The next thing I know I start hanging out over here and whamo I have a Mark III on the way.

Ah Back at home at last. :lol:

Funny thing is I pretty much have come full circle. My origonal Geetfiddle was a Tele and I now play only Teles. My home in ampland (though I had other stuff prior) was Boogies and here I go back to em. I guess Im getting ready for death or something. :lol:

Anyway just thinking out loud here.

I have certainly if not anything have had Boogies on the Brain lately.

Cool story Nomad :)
My Boogie experience started in 1983. At that time I was using a Musicman 2x12 amp combo. Though the clean was decent, the overdrive sucked. I then ordered a creme SOB 1x12 combo and a matching 1x12 cab.

I no longer have that amp, but I'm a Boogie fan for life. My MkIV is pretty tough to beat. (I'd love to try a Roadster though)

Congrats on the Mk lll coming, you won't regret it. I play Teles more than any other guitar and through a Mk lll they are a match made in heaven. If you want the Fender sound it's there, just turn up the master and if you want the Boogie sound, turn down the master. I find the amp really makes a Telecaster edgy and with great twang.
Which version of Mk lll are you getting ?

Boogie Woogie Man said:
Congrats on the Mk lll coming, you won't regret it. I play Teles more than any other guitar and through a Mk lll they are a match made in heaven. If you want the Fender sound it's there, just turn up the master and if you want the Boogie sound, turn down the master. I find the amp really makes a Telecaster edgy and with great twang.
Which version of Mk lll are you getting ?

I got a Blues Stripe Combo with all the fixins.

I'm starting to miss my Mark III. :( I'll probably go for a Mark IV if I do decide to go back though.

Latest posts

Back