How does the Reverb on a Tremoverb sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my Rectoverb recently because the Reverb absolutely sucked.

I'm looking for a high gain Mesa that has incredible Reverb.

I've been looking at maybe buying a Tremoverb and have some questions.

1. How lush is the Reverb?

2. How full does the Reverb sound?

3. Does the Head Reverb make any noise or hum?

4. Does the Combo have better Reverb than the Head?

5. I have been told that the Tremoverb is just a Dual Rectifier with Reverb and Tremolo. Is this the case, or is the amp dramatically different?

6. Does the Combo weigh less than 100 pounds?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Just curious, has anyone tried replacing the reverb tank in the ROV with say an accutronics? In most cases they run around 25-30 dollars. (I wasn't sure if the problem was the tank or the circuitry incorporating the actual reverb into the tone mix.)

Monsta-Tone said:
I sold my Rectoverb recently because the Reverb absolutely sucked.

I'm looking for a high gain Mesa that has incredible Reverb.

5. I have been told that the Tremoverb is just a Dual Rectifier with Reverb and Tremolo. Is this the case, or is the amp dramatically different?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

The ROV has a Solid State Reverb circuit. I don't think that changing the tank would do much good. It could already be an Accutronics for all I know.

The Tremoverb has a 3-stage Tube Reverb circuit similar to a Black or Silver face Fender. I have never had the pleasure of hearing one though.

TeleJas said that the Reverb was much better on the Tremoverb than the ROV or the Roadking which he has now.

I bet it would sound better through an open back cab. I was thinking of the 2x12 combo, but it might have to come with a lifetime supply of Chiropractic visits. I bet it weighs close to 100 pounds.

monsta you are correct!

I own a 93 tremoverb combo and have used it as my only amp for the last 13 years at every gig. Up and down stairs.. hell I even played a gig on the deck of an aircraft carrier yikes! That thing is incredibly heavy!
But just like my fat heavy bulldog Rudy.. I love em both!

TheRazMeister said:
Just curious, has anyone tried replacing the reverb tank in the ROV with say an accutronics? In most cases they run around 25-30 dollars. (I wasn't sure if the problem was the tank or the circuitry incorporating the actual reverb into the tone mix.)

The ROV comes with a accutronics tank!
Actually almost alll spring tank reverbs are accutronics, so is marshall, fender and Mesa. I know, because I had to replace my tank =)

Yes, the reverb on the ROV is quite dissapointing for an amp with its name hinted at having a reverb onboard. The reverb only goes to giving a bit of ambiance and that is. I was looking something likethe reverb that I have on a solid state fender practice amp; HUGE, like standing in a church. The ROV doesn't have that, sometimes it also sounds really nasty, it feels not that the reverb is around you like it should, but only in the planks of the cabinet itself. Really hard to explain.

But I noticed this: lately my speakers are breaking in (after following some breaking speaker instruction of celestion.com) and it seems that there is more reverb present...

How'd I miss this post, this is right up my alley :lol:

1. Great Reverb, not Fender Twin reverb but you can definately get a surf tone out of it if you wanted.... as someone mentioned that I mentioned, it's better than the ROV reverb and even my Road King... But not as good as the Lonestar

2. Once again, it's better than a ROV and you can actually tell it's on when you're playing

3. To be honest, I did notice a slight noise in my combo when I'd crank the reverb but not on my head. I think it was tube related though or possible due to the broken RCA jack on my reverb tank I didn't know about until I sold it.

4. They're both the exact same, I tried to do a comparison and when running them both through a 2x12 closed back cabinet it all sounded the same but the combo has a slightly better, longer dwelling reverb (probably due to the open back).

5. Hmmm, seems like I have answered these before, maybe I was just thinking about it. Yes, it's a 2ch Dual Recto with trem and verb. I'm not sure what the old Duals had as far as modes, but the T-verb has clean/vintage and Blues/modern modes.

6. No, it does not weigh less than 100 lbs. My combo weighed 105 pounds and I've heard they range from 98 to 107 pounds depending on covering and wood used. But to be honest (again), the amp doesn't feel that heavy when moving it.. It's very well balanced and the big fat handle feels nice in your hand. I mean, I'm lugging around a 120 pound Road King now after I swore never to have another amp that weighed more than my Twin did a few years ago (83 lbs), and I've already had a t-verb and the RK (both over 100 pounds).

If you're wanting something with great reverb and a little easier to move around... You might wait for the new Roadster to come out and check out the 1x12 combo?? I bet it's about the same as the Rectoverb (around 80 pounds). I think there's even gonna be a closed back version.

Back