How do you guy's hooked up your rigs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbukai

Reaction score
Hi,
I have some Fx pedal's, G-Force, D-Two delay, Recto preamp and 2:100 powerAmp. What is the best way to connect between the units?
Thank you.
Simon

Basically, you will want to run your guitar into the preamp, and use the effects loop send to your G force and delay, and from them go back into the effects loop return. From there, run the output of the preamp into the input of the power amp. If you have compressors, or distortion pedals, you'll want to run them between the guitar and the preamp. Any othre pedals should run in the effects loop.

As far as what order to put your effects in, you'll have to decide what sounds better to you. Some experimentation will be helpful, as you may decide you like one effect before another.

I run my G-Force not using the FX loop and got better results then when I did. I run a Triaxis out puts to the G-Force inputs, G-Force inputs to the power amp, and it sounds IMO better than when I tired the FX loop. Running it serial gave me much better stereo tone etc. as for the other items, do as above :)

You cant see it in the pix as the G-Force is shorter in depth, but use short wires that just make it to the pre and power amps so signal does not have such a long path to go through:

DSC00443.JPG

rack%20smaller.JPG

sbukai said:
Hi,
I have some Fx pedal's, G-Force, D-Two delay, Recto preamp and 2:100 powerAmp. What is the best way to connect between the units?
Thank you.
Simon

I would recommend you a dual line mixer for this setup. From preamp into the line mixer, GForce in mix1. D-two in mix 2. from line mixer into postamp.
Pedals before preamp, maybe in a switcher.
Here's mine:

Back