How accurate are Mesa's order build time estimates ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lactose

Reaction score
I just ordered an RKII and 2x12 cab and Guitar Center said it would be about 30 days. I ordered the stock stuff, no special options. This delay might be a good thing if they are addressing the footswitch pop thing.

I am curious if I should really expect to wait longer.

Has anyone had experience ordering and waiting for Mesa stuff ?

Thanks.

Haha 30 days? That's nothing...

Typically it's 3-5 months for any order...

If they told you 30 days, they're probably just going to get one from another GC or something, it's not 30 days from Mesa.

The first question I asked was how long would it take. The salesman called his Mesa rep and the rep said end of Feb.

I was very adamant that the deal was off if I couldn't get it in 30 days. I probably won't hold them to that as I decided I wanted a new one even if I had to wait. I justed wanted to provide a little motivation.

Should I insist on testing it in the store before I leave ? I'm a laid back nice guy, but for over $3k I want everthing to be right.

lactose said:
I just ordered an RKII and 2x12 cab and Guitar Center said it would be about 30 days. I ordered the stock stuff, no special options. This delay might be a good thing if they are addressing the footswitch pop thing.

I am curious if I should really expect to wait longer.

Has anyone had experience ordering and waiting for Mesa stuff ?

Thanks.

mesa has a schedule that has different models getting made on different weeks . The reps know the schedule . barring any shortage of a particular part you should have you amp on time . Having said that your shop needs to ask the rep . I assuming they did ?

lactose said:
Should I insist on testing it in the store before I leave ? I'm a laid back nice guy, but for over $3k I want everthing to be right.
I would suggest at least opening the box up and checking that all of the tubes are okay. I don't know if it was a bad batch of 12AX7s or not, but mine had a preamp tube busted during shipping. When I took it home after an hour and a half drive from Guitar Center (where they assured me that my amp was fine and there was no need to open the box to try it out), I plugged it into my cab and channels 3 and 4 were dead (because of the cracked tube).

I have seen a few instances on the Boogie Board where Mesa amps arrive with busted preamp tubes. The shipping companies can be quite rough with packages.

Timely thread.

I was told 4-6 weeks. So, I figured at best 6 weeks. It's been over 6 weeks now, and still no RK II. And, w/ recent "negative" threads on the Roadster I cancelled my order; not that RK II would have any negatives.

Instead, I bought a Vox AC30CC head and Marshall 4x12 at a rock bottom price I could'nt refuse. For me Vox has the most awesome, chimey clean tones!

save yourself time and a trip back to the store, play it before you leave.i bought a brand new in a sealed box Stiletto Deuce,got it home,no volume.took it back and 2 broken preamp tubes was the cause.the dealer fixed it on the spot,and MESA sent me 2 new tubes also.

Barry said:
mesa has a schedule that has different models getting made on different weeks . The reps know the schedule . barring any shortage of a particular part you should have you amp on time . Having said that your shop needs to ask the rep . I assuming they did ?

what Barry said....my dealer was spot on

enigma said:
Timely thread.

I was told 4-6 weeks. So, I figured at best 6 weeks. It's been over 6 weeks now, and still no RK II. And, w/ recent "negative" threads on the Roadster I cancelled my order; not that RK II would have any negatives.

Instead, I bought a Vox AC30CC head and Marshall 4x12 at a rock bottom price I could'nt refuse. For me Vox has the most awesome, chimey clean tones!

Whoa! Enigma I can't believe you cancelled your RK II order. These forums are a great source of info.....but one thing I learned is that you can't make your decision on info provided here alone.

You might regret this one.....My RK II does not have the popping issue. Intially I thought I had it (well, I did) with the tuner switch, but then after speaking to Mesa, they explained that if you step on the switch w/o an actual tuner connecteed you will get the pop. SO I went home connected a tuner, and no pop...and no pop from the channel switching...

I might end up getting it in the Spring, but there were too many great deals I couldn't pass by: Vox, Marshall Cab and Fender Custom Shop Tele to name a few :lol: Plus, I really love the Express 5/25 !!!

My patinece tolerance is 6 weeks for orders 8)

Anyway, when I placed my order for my RK II last year (around Thanksgiving), I was given a delivery date of end of February, and on Dec 20th, I received a call that my amp had arrived at GC. So go figure.....

Therefore, it's not out of the relm of possibility that the previous poster was right -- maybe end of Feb id when the next batch of RK's were due.

JAZZGEAR said:
Anyway, when I placed my order for my RK II last year (around Thanksgiving), I was given a delivery date of end of February, and on Dec 20th, I received a call that my amp had arrived at GC. So go figure.....

Therefore, it's not out of the relm of possibility that the previous poster was right -- maybe end of Feb id when the next batch of RK's were due.

Just in time for the holidays 8)

I ordered mine in early October and got mine in mid November. I probably got lucky because the Ace was probably being put out as it was new.

I found out my "build date" was Feb19th, I am not sure how much time it takes to build and ship, but hopefully it will be here soon.

Based on what I have read here, I am thinking six weeks total is a reasonable estimate.

I ordered my custom RKII head, 2 x 12 & 4 x 12 RK cabs on 11/18/06. Just heard last Sunday that it will be shipping out on 03/07/07 and at GC around 3/14/07. I've had a RKII and 4 x 12 cab loaner since then which has been nice but looking forward to the delivery of my own. I would guess then that they are doing the RK's or are about to. I knew that there would be a wait of several weeks ( at least ) but I'm expecting a great product as I'm sure it will be. Ciao!

Ken55 said:
I ordered my custom RKII head, 2 x 12 & 4 x 12 RK cabs on 11/18/06. Just heard last Sunday that it will be shipping out on 03/07/07 and at GC around 3/14/07. I've had a RKII and 4 x 12 cab loaner since then which has been nice but looking forward to the delivery of my own. I would guess then that they are doing the RK's or are about to. I knew that there would be a wait of several weeks ( at least ) but I'm expecting a great product as I'm sure it will be. Ciao!

The rep has the schedule for which models are coming up for production . Unless theres a shortage of a particular part you will probably get it on time .

NOOOO !!!!! My sales guy at GC just called and said Mesa is having delays due to parts availability and it will be another month of waiting for my RKII. :(

lactose said:
NOOOO !!!!! My sales guy at GC just called and said Mesa is having delays due to parts availability and it will be another month of waiting for my RKII. :(

That happens occasionally as i stated in my earlier reply . Good luck . It will probably arrive in a month .

Back