Hockey Night in Canada competition - Mark IV content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourque

Reaction score
Hello, I guess you would have no idea what I'm talking about unless you're a Canadian hockey fan but here goes anyway haha. The original theme that has been around since the 50's is being replaced because whoever owns the piece decided to charge wayyy more than what CBC is willing to pay. So they're opening it up to anyone who wants to write a new theme. We put a little high energy tune together.

Like the title says the guitar is all Mark IV. So check it out if ya like. The voting begins October 1st so if you like it, it would be cool to have your vote haha.

http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/media...DESC&filetype=2,3&moderationstatus=1&offset=8

Well, you motivated me to do something for that contest...

Here's our take on the anthem, not very sophisticated but we like it :)

http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/mediadetail/325810

Haha right on man, got it in just under the wire to! Good luck to you!

Thanks all for the support.

i'll give you a vote.

i'm an HNIC purist, and want to hear a heavied up version of the original.

they're dumb for getting rid of that theme.
that has been my saturday night soundtrack since i was a little kid :lol:

Yeah outside of the contest it's pretty bush to see such a classic tune go. Didn't CTV buy it? To me that's like stealing my buddies girlfriend and thinking it's ok haha.

Well there's no need to vote now. They changed the rules. Originally there was supposed to be 200 semi finalists but the cut it down to just 5. I don't understand because they wanted the entrants to veer from the original but to me the 5 semi finalists went for a "big band" sound similar to the original. Oh well, it was exciting for a while and fun to make an entry for it. Thanks for all your support guys!

Latest posts

Back