HI !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaian

Reaction score
:D im new and wanted to say hi. i have lots of mesa gear and experience. looking forward to helping any way i can. two tip drops to help :idea: 1. centurys will make a rectifier sound like you always thought it should and 2. a parametric before a f series, rec and all mk except 4 will amaze you. but this is VERY powerful, little is needed, most often cut to bass around 150hz cut to mids to comp bass around 1k (depending on bass q) and slight boost to high 5-7k, all dependant upon rig......pickups, guitar, cab, speakers, etc and of course desired result. :twisted:

Interesting about the para eq. I used to use a parametric in the loop of my Maverick but opted for an Ayan Smooth and Slim with brilliant results at high volume. Imo the Mesa's you mentioned suffer a bit from flabby bass and an eq is a great way to take out some lows and low mids to cure the problem. Sounds weak at low volume but cleans things up nice at gig levels.

Jon

edit: Oh and welcome by the way!!!

thanks guys, your right, no low cut at input stage befor v1 (jim marshalls greatest contribution to rock) :wink:

by the way the smoth and slim is just what para in the input is but he simply created the passes for you, great piece of equipment :wink: but running it through the loop, that basicly is a master eq ie, not affecting tone structure-----where the problem lies :)

mesaian said:
:. a parametric before a f series, rec and all mk except 4 will amaze you. but this is VERY powerful, little is needed, most often cut to bass around 150hz cut to mids to comp bass around 1k (depending on bass q)

thats funny, because Ive been thinking about messing arround with that.

Of course if you see the "dream amp" thread you will my requested feature of a bass sweep :wink:

anywhooo, welcome!

Latest posts

Back