hi...italian new user question.....nomad vs dual rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rectifiers are not good for lead

they are better for rythm

I thought you said it was only 400 euro i was confused

Domenico said:
Elpelotero said:
What kind of bands or guitarist's tone are you most looking to replicate or be inspired by?

If you want to play Zakk Wylde, I would not even buy a Rectifier. I would buy the Mesa Stilleto.

i play music likke zakk wylde with my marshall zakk wylde,overdrive and gibson emg...i play hard rock like guns n roses and snakepit with my mrshall 2205

i love my head but they re limitaded ,i can play only this kind of usic...with this amp can't play more gain music like creed,tree dors down,ecc...ecc...

mesa boogie in italy are very expensive amp,so ican't find it easly in music shop

Ok, then I think it's pretty clear. If you want to play Creed, 3 doors down, and similar modern rock, you need a Rectifier. Period. These are the exact amps they use. All of their tones are based on Rectifiers. It's what they use in studio and live.

to the guy who said rectifiers are not good for lead- you are crazy. It depends on what tone you want. Most tone based guitarists will love what the rectifier has to offer because of its beautiful mid and low tones. If you are a high-toned metal guitarist with no appreciation for sustain or a SRV type tone, then yeah, the rectifier is not the lead amp for you.

Domenico said:
nomad100hd said:
my nomad amp really does a great low - mid gain sounds. When i want it to it has a great metal lead and rhythm sound.

ok,nomad are perfect for mid and low gain but if you want nomad are ok to play metal lead with big gain...

Channel 3 on my nomad is high gain. Not fizzy high gain but there is a lot of gain on tap with the Nomad.

Rocky said:
Domenico said:
nomad100hd said:
my nomad amp really does a great low - mid gain sounds. When i want it to it has a great metal lead and rhythm sound.

ok,nomad are perfect for mid and low gain but if you want nomad are ok to play metal lead with big gain...

Channel 3 on my nomad is high gain. Not fizzy high gain but there is a lot of gain on tap with the Nomad.

but in dual rectifier is more gain ....

i look for samples in internet but i don't find it...

what artist/group play with nomad,because i tray to find music if i don't find sample...
..i kmow Petrucci but i don't like it

this is a sample of italian user mesa and marshall...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUuQRopRzHk...listen the first sample,he play under the bridge,clean without stompbox (the neon under the head is only for light)...the nomad clean is like this?this sound i like very well!

at 3.30 minute he play song of darknes..the nomad for play like this uses chanel 2 or channel 3?!?

at minute 7.06 he play with 3 channel...can nomad play like this?!?

pretty sure my nomad will do that easily. the recto might have more gain, but who plays with the gain maxed out? hi gain is more of a voicing than actual amount of gain.

really?!?

nomad can make this easly?!?

and the 3 channel are similar at the minute 7 of video???

in this video i love the first demo under the bridge!!!really cool!!! but i don't know nomad if nomad make this clean and other sample like mesa...

i don't think nomad = dual but i don't know the sound difference...and the music shom don't have a lot of mesa for try the difference

I don't know why the Recs get a bad rap lately. Maybe they're overused? I dunno but they are fun as hell to play and a great purchase for anyone that enjoys metal.

I have a Mark IV and I itch for a Rec every now and again. It's definitely my next purchase.

The Nomad gives you great clean tones and different ones on all three channels. It will also give you some toneful low gain sounds on all three channel. It will give you some great hard rock tones on all three channels and metal on ch 3. Maybe also ch2

But the best tones are found only at a loud volume.

If you dont like tweaking an amp dont buy a nomad.

It can almost be whatever you want it to be and your sanity is the price you have to pay.

I love the nomad amp, but then, I have lost my sanity. :shock:

Domenico said:
really?!?

in this video i love the first demo under the bridge!!!really cool!!! but i don't know nomad if nomad make this clean and other sample like mesa...

i don't think nomad = dual but i don't know the sound difference...and the music shom don't have a lot of mesa for try the difference

Nomand cannot sound like a Rectifier. Otherwise there would not be a need for Rectifiers.

I don't know why you're still pondering this question. It seems incredibly clear the Rectifier is what you want.

Is the Nomad cheaper or something? The rectifier can't cost THAT much. There's thousands of them out there.

Elpelotero said:
Domenico said:
really?!?

Nomand cannot sound like a Rectifier. Otherwise there would not be a need for Rectifiers.

I don't know why you're still pondering this question. It seems incredibly clear the Rectifier is what you want.

Is the Nomad cheaper or something? The rectifier can't cost THAT much. There's thousands of them out there.

in italy not is easy to find a dual rectifier...used the price is from 1350 dollar for 2 channel to 1500 to the 3 channel.....is rare to find 3 channel on 1400 dollar...

but the nomad clean is like the dual rectifier demo ?it's similar?it's the same?

Domenico said:
Rocky said:
Domenico said:

but in dual rectifier is more gain ....

i look for samples in internet but i don't find it...

what artist/group play with nomad,because i tray to find music if i don't find sample...
..i kmow Petrucci but i don't like it

this is a sample of italian user mesa and marshall...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUuQRopRzHk...listen the first sample,he play under the bridge,clean without stompbox (the neon under the head is only for light)...the nomad clean is like this?this sound i like very well!

at 3.30 minute he play song of darknes..the nomad for play like this uses chanel 2 or channel 3?!?

at minute 7.06 he play with 3 channel...can nomad play like this?!?

I have no idea why you are hung up on who uses a Nomad. Who cares? I can mention one guy that gets amazing cleans and uses Nomads all the time: Dominic Miller, formerly of Stings band. He is touring with Lonestars and Nomads to this day.

Nomad clean is WAY better than rectifier clean....no contest there. I actually chose amps by their clean channel since I prefer using pedals for gain tones...I come from the Michael Thompson/Tim Pierce school of thought.

The SRVish stuff on the video recto isnt great, in fact I think it was terrible.

Channel 2 on my Nomad NAILS the Darkness/Thin Lizzy sort of tone. Way crunchier than what you hear on the video.

The really heavy stuff on that vid is muddy and non distinct....I am PROUD to say that the Nomad doesn't do that sludgy sound. The amp sounds tighter and better than that poorly played Van Halen late in the vid. You cant hide behind the fuzz on a Nomad the way you can with a rec.

The nomad was a misunderstood amp and is not easy to dial in but it is a more versatile amp than a Rectifier. The Nomad clean channel alone is worth the price of the amp.

More gain does not mean better

ok...tahnks for your opinion...

next week i try uone mesa nomad 55 watt combo 2*12!!!!!!!

can you give me a setting for try this amp fine?

Domenico said:
what is the difference about 45/55/100 watt?!!?

only watt?
the 45 watt uses EL84 tubes
the 55 watt uses 6L6 tubes but i think it has a bias switch that lets you use EL 34 tubes
the 100 watt uses 6L6 tubes and also has a bias switch to let you use EL 34 tubes. it also has a half power switch that lets you play with half the wattage. also the 100 watt has a five band graphic eq that you can turn on or off with the footswitch.
i have the 100 watt head and i like it a lot.
i've never played a rectifier. i'd say you should try both of them before deciding.

what you think about combo 2x12?

is bigger than 1*12 but tha sound is good?!?

1x12 VS 2x12 .... :lol:

Latest posts

Back