Hi from a new member + speaker connection question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digirat

Reaction score
Hi there

I just joined these hallowed boards after finally taking the Boogie plunge and ordering an Express 5:25 1x10 combo :D :!:

I already downloaded the manual and had a question regarding extenal speaker connections. I may sometimes hook the 5:25 up to my 8 ohm 4x12 cab. The manual says that when running an 8 ohm external cab, both this and the internal speaker should be hooked up to the two 4 ohm outputs.

I understand the impedance issues here if you actually wanted a 4x12 + 1x10 speaker combination ( :?: :!: ), but is there any possible reason why you shouldn't just leave the internal speaker disconnected and run the 4x12 out of the 8 ohm output?

Sorry if this is a dumb question (I can't see what the problem might be in doing the above), but the manual generally encourages output/speaker load "experimentation" to give tone options, so I was surprised to see this very specific instruction regarding the internal speaker.

Thanks!

If you disconnect the combo speaker and the Behringer cab is an 8ohm cab, yes you would want to plug that into the 8ohm cab in the back of the amp.

You are correct that if you want to run the combo plus a 4x12 you plug them into 4ohm jacks.

You may find the open back gives it a little more flavor w/ the 4x12. Probably have to dial the bass back a little.

clutch71 said:
If you disconnect the combo speaker and the Behringer cab is an 8ohm cab, yes you would want to plug that into the 8ohm cab in the back of the amp.

You are correct that if you want to run the combo plus a 4x12 you plug them into 4ohm jacks.

You may find the open back gives it a little more flavor w/ the 4x12. Probably have to dial the bass back a little.

Thanks for the feedback :!: I guess I might try the internal speaker + 4x12 combination and see what it sounds like...

Latest posts

Back