Hey Guys, I just came up with this idea for FX & the LS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Star State

Reaction score
I've been trying numerous configurations regarding effects use with the Lone Star. Here's my latest idea.

First of all, I play guitar and keyboards in my band so I have the Lone Star with stompboxes and a rack fx processor that I've been running in the loop. I also have a mixer and two powered speakers for my keyboard monitoring rig. I use this to sub-mix two keyboards and the piezo-acoustic bridge of my guitar. Then I send a right & left line from my rig to the main PA board. (we run a stereo mix live).

Since using the effects loop alters the tone of the Lone Star (yes it does), I'm going to try keeping the loop off and either:

1) Use the Lone Star's "Slave" output as a send line to my rack processor, and then route the processor's right & left outputs to my sub mixer. The result - the LS will be the dry signal, with the effected R&L coming from the mains.

OR

2) Taking the line from the "Slave" out to my submixer and using the rack processor in the mixer's send & return so I can blend the two at my mixer and have both dry and wet signal through the mains.

What do you think?

Lone Star State said:
1) Use the Lone Star's "Slave" output as a send line to my rack processor, and then route the processor's right & left outputs to my sub mixer. The result - the LS will be the dry signal, with the effected R&L coming from the mains.

OR

2) Taking the line from the "Slave" out to my submixer and using the rack processor in the mixer's send & return so I can blend the two at my mixer and have both dry and wet signal through the mains.

What do you think?

Either way, you're gonna have one prob...your stereo wet mix wont sound like a guitar amp connected to speakers. Heres a couple of ways around......

1: run slave out > FX > stereo power amp > cab(s) > mics > board
This works absolutely killer, but you're hauling a LOT of gear around.

2: slave out > FX > speaker simulator (or an EQ) > board....not the sound quality of the power amp/cabs but pretty close, and its one rackspace vs a truckload

Ok, how's about this?:

Slave out>Behringer GI100 simulator DI>Sub Mixer channel>FX in mixer's loop>Sub-mixer's outs to onstage monitors & main board.

Latest posts

Back