Hey guys gota question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnstudios

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked a million times.. But I am new here and a new owner of a Mesa Single Rec. Ok.. eveyone is telling me to pull out the 6L6's that are in it and put in a pair of EL34's .. can anyone elaborate on why? Is the sound that much better? Frankly I think the amp sounds killer the way it is lol. Thanks!

i did it yesterday and it's true it's sound great but the 6l6 sound great too, i thing it's a personal taste choice. I played with a fender bassman for about 10 years and before i use a bandmaster amp it's a new thing for me to use el34 and i love the aggresive attack it sound !!!

just like roulaeu said above,, it is a matter of taste. If anything check out dougs tubes and see what el34's he has,,, maybe some SED c winged.
The nice thing with the single rec is you only need 2 power tubes to run it which means its relatively cheap to pick up an extra pair or two to try out and keep as back up.

Latest posts

Back