Here's a mod for Nomad ch2+3 Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously, yes you can.

I for one wouldn't EVER go back to the stock reverb sound!!!!

I used one of the 330k resistors to drop the anode plate voltage on one of the gain stages, Ch3 especially is now much tighter 8)

I tried it. It was actually easier to just swap out the resistors as you did.
However, I noticed that, with reverb off, you get a drop in volume as you advance the reverb depth. This is especially prominent with channel 2. I ended up reverting to the original. With channel 3 I probably wouldn't have noticed this had I not seen the symptoms on channel 2.

Thanks for sharing anyway. Perfection probably lies with a lower value resistor for channel 2.

Bump!

Hey, I would freaking love this mod for my nomad. The links broken though, does anyone know whether this is still on the net?

My hosting was **** and I closed me account. There's going to be a new website coming soon, with all things amp related, better than anything out there... watch this space 8)

Just wanted to say thanks for the mods. It's nice to see that the Nomads are getting some attention.

Their great amps that most people pass over. You just have to spend a little time with them.

Nomad100 said:
Just wanted to say thanks for the mods. It's nice to see that the Nomads are getting some attention.

Their great amps that most people pass over. You just have to spend a little time with them.

Nomads are great amps. The clean channel is to die for, I'm willing to bet that they're as good as Lonestar cleans.

They get passed over by most people, end up getting cheap, and so we get great bargains on them, so it's all good my friend 8)

jvk said:
Nomad100 said:

Nomads are great amps. The clean channel is to die for, I'm willing to bet that they're as good as Lonestar cleans.

They get passed over by most people, end up getting cheap, and so we get great bargains on them, so it's all good my friend 8)

I could not say it better myself!

That mod webpage is a vision of beauty. Pics and details of everything couldn't be better.

Thanks again.

If I were better at soldering I would try it. It is such a great amp. Where are all the Nomads on this board? I've searched.........must be out roamin.

Tyrant said:
If I were better at soldering I would try it. It is such a great amp. Where are all the Nomads on this board? I've searched.........must be out roamin.

Naaah, they're all getting sold on e*ay by noobs who can't play and think that it's the amp's fault :roll:

For poeple who don't know - the Nomads sound GREAT!

Hello All, thanks to those that posted the reverb mod notes, but today, years later, I can no longer find the datails on this mod. Despite my Google'ing efforts, it does not seem to be out there.

Does anyone still have notes on this mod that they can share? and a mod for Ch1 if that is separate.

I recently purchased a Nomad 55 head, and it just seems to get better the more I work with it. However, I thought the reverb was completely broken at first. With my head close to the speaker, I can just barely hear it. Channel 1 is almost OK, but being able to add a touch more reverb on that would be great. I was able to find a block diagram-schematic, and it looks like Ch1 follows a different path for reverb, so this may be a different mod for that channel.

I have had no luck locating a full schematic either. Any idea where I can dig one up?

Also, while we are at it, I am planning to replace the tubes. So I am also hunting for the bias mod details, to add a pot to make it adjustable. Also, no luck on finding those details either. :(

Latest posts

Back