HELPPPPP MEE FIND THIS FAULT..PLZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strummer

Reaction score
:x hello all i have a studio .22+amplifier and this annoying fault has accoured!!! when uve PLAYED for 10 mins the volume decreeses and then comes back and goes again .i was told this was valves so have replaced them all with good ones .. this problem is still occuring ANY IDEAS THK U..

thing is all the valves are brand new .. its just not understandable why it does this

Did you replace both power and pre? If so what brands did you use if you don't mind me asking? I had issues with tungsols in V-1 and swapped it out for a chinese and have not had problems since.

strummer said:
thing is all the valves are brand new .. its just not understandable why it does this

Did you replace all the preamp tubes in addition to power tubes? Were you having this same issue before replacing the tubes?

strummer said:

if a tube is bad, it is often bad to begin with....

all i'm saying is that just because it is new does not mean it is in good working order

Hey there Strummer....my 22+ was doing the same thing a few years back and it was the caps. I tried doing all the tube swapping and that stuff to no end. I took it to my amp tech and he did a basic cap job and check on it. After a week and $100, my 22+ was GOLDEN!!! :D As old as these 22's are getting now, a lot of them are probably needing some TLC.

just because you bought new tubes, doesnt necessarily mean all of your new tubes are working and functioning properly.

did u change all your tubes (power, pre, rectifiers) ???

Latest posts

Back